Alaska cruise on the Solstice, Tracy Arm Fjord excursion

sksummers

I think we got all of ours. I know we got 6 more and I hope that is all for our group. Really getting excited now!

Party time on the catamaran! Hopefully we can meet up and be on the same boat, since we fought so hard to do this!

Happy for your group, and mine!

Lisa

Which excursion is this? I’m looking at the shore excursions planner and I see one called Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer, and one called Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching, &Wildlife Quest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which excursion is this? I’m looking at the shore excursions planner and I see one called Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer, and one called Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching, &Wildlife Quest.

It's the Tracey Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer. Basically the cruise ship gets as close to the glacier as possible and you get off and get on a small boat, in our case it was a very nice catamaran. They had nice restrooms, a bar and a nice heated area inside. Once boarding you then get closer to the glacier although a lot depends on what time of the year you go. We went in late August and the ship was real close to the Glacier and we saw loads of wildlife at the glacier. You then head back to Juneau where you will meet the ship. Heading back takes a couple of hours and we went into an area which took us to another portion of the glacier. This area was loaded with seals and the Cruise Ship could not get into this other area. While on the way back we saw loads of whales. A lot depends on time of year, we had very little ice in August so got real close. Other months not so good.

This excursion is only available from Celebrity, not privately or at least it wasn't when we went.

It's the Tracey Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer. Basically the cruise ship gets as close to the glacier as possible and you get off and get on a small boat, in our case it was a very nice catamaran. They had nice restrooms, a bar and a nice heated area inside. Once boarding you then get closer to the glacier although a lot depends on what time of the year you go. We went in late August and the ship was real close to the Glacier and we saw loads of wildlife at the glacier. You then head back to Juneau where you will meet the ship. Heading back takes a couple of hours and we went into an area which took us to another portion of the glacier. This area was loaded with seals and the Cruise Ship could not get into this other area. While on the way back we saw loads of whales. A lot depends on time of year, we had very little ice in August so got real close. Other months not so good.

Thank you! We’re sailing the second week in August. I’m a warm weather lover and never thought I’d be getting excited about an Alaskan cruise, but have changed my views after reading descriptions and looking at photos.

This excursion is only available from Celebrity, not privately or at least it wasn't when we went.

Do we expect to see that in June? We are booked on June 15th cruise.

Thank you! We’re sailing the second week in August. I’m a warm weather lover and never thought I’d be getting excited about an Alaskan cruise, but have changed my views after reading descriptions and looking at photos.

It took me about ten years to get the wife to go to Alaska, she always said I'm going on vacation I want to go to someplace warm. Best cruise we ever had, I think she enjoyed it more that I did.

Probably not, most of the ice will still be there, ship won't be able to get real close. Also, the whales were starting to migrate so they were on the move.

Oh, too bad, we can't go in August, my kids have summer classes and band camp.

Did you try the dog sled?

It took me about ten years to get the wife to go to Alaska, she always said I'm going on vacation I want to go to someplace warm. Best cruise we ever had, I think she enjoyed it more that I did.

My parents were planning on doing Alaska, and then my dad passed away last year. We decided to go and take my mom with us. This will be a very special trip for her, so I’m doing a lot of research to book the right excursions. Thanks again.

Do we expect to see that in June? We are booked on June 15th cruise.

We did Tracy Arm last June and saw whales, seals, sea lions. It was wonderful. We got up to one of the Sawyer glaciers in the small boat and saw lots of calving. It was a great day.

Party time on the catamaran! Hopefully we can meet up and be on the same boat, since we fought so hard to do this!

Happy for your group, and mine!

Lisa

Oh yes party on the catamaran! Hope we do meet up. Not sure which boat we will be on our time changed from 6:30 am to 8 am. I think all of our group is 8 am now.

Sandra

We are on the August 10 sailing - this tour is not showing up on the Celebrity shore excursion list at the moment. Do they notify us when added or is it luck of the draw or am I looking in the wrong place? It's really the only excursion I want to book directly with Celebrity, and I'd hate to miss out!

We are on the August 10 sailing - this tour is not showing up on the Celebrity shore excursion list at the moment. Do they notify us when added or is it luck of the draw or am I looking in the wrong place? It's really the only excursion I want to book directly with Celebrity, and I'd hate to miss out!

I’m on the same sailing and was just able to book.

We will be on the Solstice in August and will have my 85 year old mom with us. She’s a youthful 85 with no mobility issues. Is this the excursion that has high speed boat in the description? I’d like to book this but I’m wondering if it would be too much for her. TIA

We did this excursion with my 72 year old mom. She walked the interior and exterior decks at all times. The water is as calm as a pond.

This excursion was amazing. We really were blessed and saw glacier calve, sunny day, 2 humpbacks with glacier in the background - just an overall amazing experience. Enjoy it!

I just looked, and the excursion is not showing up in the cruise planner for our sailing (Solstice, 8/10). I was able to book it on Saturday. I’m not sure if this means it’s at capacity.

Oh yes party on the catamaran! Hope we do meet up. Not sure which boat we will be on our time changed from 6:30 am to 8 am. I think all of our group is 8 am now.

Sandra

All of ours are showing 8:00 am also, so maybe there will be two boats and we can all get on the same one!

We are going on the August 31 Solstice sailing and there is no availability for this tour, we'd love to do it. Are all the dates released at once or is there still a chance it hasn't been released for this sailing?

You can email shorex@rccl.com and ask them if they are going to release more space (make sure you let them know your ship and your sailing date), or they always save some for those to book on board, so get to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board, to book it.

We are going on the August 31 Solstice sailing and there is no availability for this tour, we'd love to do it. Are all the dates released at once or is there still a chance it hasn't been released for this sailing?

We are also on the 8/31/18 sailing and y'all have me wanting to check out the prices and details. I was thinking about doing the 5 glacier float plane which would y'all recommend

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have done the excursion. Where does the catamaran return you to in Juneau? We plan to rent a car for the afternoon and would like to make plans accordingly. The tour description says 5-6 hours, so I am guessing we will be back in Juneau by 2:00p. Is this accurate?

For those who have done the excursion. Where does the catamaran return you to in Juneau? We plan to rent a car for the afternoon and would like to make plans accordingly. The tour description says 5-6 hours, so I am guessing we will be back in Juneau by 2:00p. Is this accurate?

The excursion boat will pull up along side the ship out at fiord. Then you will meet back up with the ship back in Juneau port. You will get back on the ship then disembark to Juneau port. We were back to the ship by the time the ship docked in Juneau.