Advice for St Thomas day for ages 16, 19, 21, 79 and 84 in December

cindivan

Our usual place we visit while in St Thomas is closed and it’s been forever since we have been to San Juan, so we are at a loss of what to do. My parents aren’t super mobile so we need to go somewhere where they can sit in the shade and relax and our kids would love to go to a beach with a good amount of people and food and drink.

I can’t see us going into town to just get dinner so would love to go to a beach but not sure how available the chairs and umbrellas are.

I have tried to through previous posts about this os my apologies if I missed something great.

An AI would be great but not sure any of those are open

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cindivan

Hi Cindi - For your group I think it makes more sense to stay on STT versus traveling to STJ. We've not been to the islands since the hurricanes and so we are also relying on feedback from locals and recent visitors. But Sapphire Beach is our favorite beach on STT, and all reports from an owner there (Beautiful Bill) and recent visitors sound great. I believe drinks and food are available as well as lounges, but I'm not sure if the natural shade along the shore is there now or not. Perhaps someone can answer that question...The beach is easy to access and the water is typically calm when conditions are good.

Taxi to Sapphire would be ~$20pp round trip or $100 for everyone so not cheap but worth the cost IMHO.