All Inclusive Falmouth Resort Beach Break

TheGaDawgFan

Has anyone done this all inclusive beach break? It says it's 15 minutes from the Falmouth port.

http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/FalmouthBeachBreak.htm

I can't decide what we should do with our day there. I don't want to ride far, but a beach day sounds nice. We're also considering the Red Stripe Beach excursion through RCCL or Time N Place (cheaper but very rustic with shallow water).

Has anyone done this all inclusive beach break? It says it's 15 minutes from the Falmouth port.

http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/FalmouthBeachBreak.htm

I can't decide what we should do with our day there. I don't want to ride far, but a beach day sounds nice. We're also considering the Red Stripe Beach excursion through RCCL or Time N Place (cheaper but very rustic with shallow water).

I would also like info on this. If anyone has done this please let us know. It does not include transportation.

We are also looking at the red stripe beach excursion thru the cruise line. Would love to hear suggestions or comments on that one as well.

taking a cruise on Jan 10 stopping in Faulmouth and doing this beach break. Will report back on our experiences. The excursion desk on my last cruise advised this was similar to the old Chukka Beach Break which they no longer offer, apparently this is just down the beach.

• 1 month later...

We visited Falmouth, Jamaica on the Allure of the Seas on January, 29th, 2014 (last week). We were considering to book AI Day @ the beach through Resort For A day, but the forecast was promising rain and we didn't want to commit to beach day in a rainy weather. So we decided to play it by ear. When we arrived weather was great. We have taken taxi from the port to Montego Bay for $20 per person round trip (45 min ride through a BEAUTIFUL country side, was a tour in itself). Once in Montego Bay we went to Doctors' Cave - a private beach, $6 per person entry fee, $6 per beach chair and $6 per umbrella (but there was shade under palm trees, so umbrella could be avoided). Beach was beautiful with breathtaking view of the mountains, nice curving shore line with hotels along the beach and a view of cruise ship @ Montego Bay port in the distance. Water was absolutely clear. There is a nice and reasonably priced restaurant on the beach (lunch with drinks and tip for two people under $40) with live playing band. It is a small beach, but it didn't feel crowded. There were some families with children, but I don't remember if they had water toys for kids on the beach. At the end, we were extremely happy that we didn't book a day at the beach through Resort/Jamaica For A Day, because we would pay twice as much and be on their time, not ours. And this is despite the fact that driver who dropped us off didn't return to pick us up. We had no difficulty getting taxi to go back for $30 per taxi.

progress.gif

I would also like to know if anyone has done this particular excursion. The one in the original post and if so could you tell me what resort this is?

There is through http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/FalmouthBeachBreak.htm

There is also another one through resort for a day and I am trying to figure out if these go to the same resort and if not which one does this one go to?

Braco is closed. Melia is apparently taking over and reopening late 2014, not sure what they will do for day passes.

Are there any decent all-inclusives that we don't have to travel Montego Bay for? Hilton Rose Hall was nice, but one of the nice things was it wasn't too crowded. Can't imagine how busy things will be now that RCCL is offering the Hilton as its own excursion.

Braco is closed. Melia is apparently taking over and reopening late 2014, not sure what they will do for day passes.

Are there any decent all-inclusives that we don't have to travel Montego Bay for? Hilton Rose Hall was nice, but one of the nice things was it wasn't too crowded. Can't imagine how busy things will be now that RCCL is offering the Hilton as its own excursion.

So this is closed but they're still selling excursions???

Try Royal white sand in Falmouth. You would need to call them to check out day pass. It is 5 minutes drive from the Pier

http://www.venere.com/resorts/montego-bay/resort-royalton-white-sands/#overview