Hi there out there.

We’re on the August Celebrity Cruise to Baltic etc and want to know the best options or way to see St Petersburg. Like most people we are looking for the most financially viable way pleasecan anyone help or advise??

Kennyallen

Edited by Kennyallen
Spelling

Hi there out there.

We’re on the August Celebrity Cruise to Baltic etc and want to know the best options or way to see St Petersburg. Like most people we are looking for the most financially viable way pleasecan anyone help or advise??

Kennyallen

The term "best" is always subjective. Because of the necessity to have a visa for most cruisers, booking a shore excursion with a licensed tour agency or through your ship will allow you to tour without an actual Russian visa (your tour ticket and passport will allow you to clear immigration at the port). However, IMHO, booking with an independent tour company will offer a more comprehensive itinerary, smaller groups and a more affordable price than cruise ship tours. We have booked with ALLA TOURS on several occasions and could not be more pleased - her tours are fantastic and she routinely receives rave reviews on cruise critic and tripadvisor!

Hi. We ( 2 of us) are on celebrity leaving on 4th August. A friend recommended Red October for a 2 day tour her family did about 5 years ago.

I am on a list for them, but would like to find 6 others to join the small tour and make the cost reasonable.

Have a look on their website, they get very good reviews. Let me know if you would like to join us.:D

I would like to second/thousandth a recommendation for Alla Tours. Oh how I wish that all online sellers had the attitude to potential clients' questions and requirements that Alla have. Whether it be via the messaging feature or their facebook page, you are pretty much guaranteed a response by the 'next' day.

We had a situation where we may have had to cancel our booking and asked many questions about our options. They were all answered fully and without any punches being pulled in respect of where we stood and more importantly WHY, since some aspects of visiting Russia are out of the control of the tour companies.

Our guide on the 'Comfort Tour' was Katya, she barely took a breath over the two days, so encyclopaedic is her knowledge. By the way, she is also a teacher of English so you can imagine how proficient she is with the language.

Anyway, whichever tour company you use, definitely use one of them. Independent tourists were waiting in line (queueing) for as much as 4 hours to gain entry to The Petergof because they did not have a registered guide to get them priority entrance.

p.s I haven't updated my profile so unless I tell you, you won't know that I was on the wonderful Celebrity Silhouette Baltic cruise 28May - 9th June 2018

Edited by bandr
missed a bit