!st time in Queen Mary 2 HELP

katiensb

Hi...I'm about to surprise hubby with a 4 dayer on this ship. Due to obvious financial reasons..our funds are limited..so...

The question is: do we book inside D2 on deck 11 or a B4 guarantee on deck 4.

We are not bothered by movement, and the price differance is $150.00 pp

Thanks...

Hi...I'm about to surprise hubby with a 4 dayer on this ship. Due to obvious financial reasons..our funds are limited..so...

The question is: do we book inside D2 on deck 11 or a B4 guarantee on deck 4.

We are not bothered by movement, and the price differance is $150.00 pp

Thanks...

They are running a special I just booked a Balcony at a low price...

Hi...I'm about to surprise hubby with a 4 dayer on this ship.The question is: do we book inside D2 on deck 11 or a B4 guarantee on deck 4. The price differance is $150.00 pp

Thanks...

I'd go for the D2, on a four day cruise you'll spend so much time exploring the ship, you'll only use the room to sleep in (and shower!). Being on deck 11 you're not far from the top deck if you want some fresh air. If you go again (and you will) for a longer warm water cruise then consider a balcony on decks 8,11,12. If going on a crossing then balconies on decks 4,5,6 are best IMHO.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise.

I was leaning this way....is it true though, that the B4 balconies are more like "sun rooms" without an actual stand outside balcony?

what is a good go by rate ..i mean if you can cruise the QM2 for blank amount per day..book it!!

Thanks,

Katie

I was leaning this way....is it true though, that the B4 balconies are more like "sun rooms" without an actual stand outside balcony?

what is a good go by rate ..i mean if you can cruise the QM2 for blank amount per day..book it!!

Thanks,

Katie

Katie

Yes, the balconies on decks 4, 5, 6 are "sun rooms". That is why I suggested that they are less suitable for a warm water cruise, you'd be lucky to get a tan! The balconies on 8,9,10,11,12 are glass fronted and very open so are better in hot climes. However the reverse is true TA, the balconies on the upper decks could be near useless because of wind and spray, meanwhile the "sun rooms" are nice and sheltered and provide an extra "room" outside your cabin (they are also bigger than the A grade cabins higher up).

Anything further, please ask, someone wil know (and I'll have a go at answering).

Very best wishes

Hi Katie,

I agree with Pepper. For the price, the D2 is your best bet. It is a short cruise and you will get to know the ship for future cruises.

What 4 day cruise are you booking? As Pepper indicated, if it is warm weather, you will not get a tan on a in hull balcony.

Good luck with your booking and have a great time.:)

Maria

Katie,

If you are doing the Labor Day, I would do the Balcony. I believe they are the same price. But even at $150 more, I think it is worth it. OTOH, If you are doing the short trip from Ft Laud, and are already in New Smyrna, You have your fill of sun already!

I am on the Sept 2 Labor Day.

And BTW, I live in Colchester, work in Rocky Hill, but worked for SNET 27 years and have worked all over the state. OTOH, I have flown at the New Smyrna Beach Airport (and Bivouaced there with the Civil Air Patrol) and almost married a boy from NSB. Spent a lot of good time down there, including on old A1A and New A1A and know some firefighters there and some parrotheads, too! Was recently in FLA, drove one day from Ormond to Vero (to see the SO's Dad who will also be on the Sept 2 trip with us along with his new wife) Resisted the urge to turn off on Fl 400!

Hope you are doing our cruise!

Are you the type who is likely to spend time in your cabin? Take the guarranty You will probably be upgraded. If you will be at the Disco til 4 Am, take the inside!

As a snow bird, I am sure you see your share of sun!

Karie, who feels like kindred spirits with a New Smyrna Beacher/Madison type!

P.S. grew up in Ormond Beach

P.P.S Is this kismet or what? We even spell our names almost the same!

Hope you are on the labor day

my email is parrothead-av8rATmindspringDOTcome (replace the AT and DOT with the appropriate symbols!)

Thank you all for the help...I guess i'll stick with the D2.

Karie...how funny, i just catered a big firefighter fundraiser last weekend...care to mention any names? Yes, old New Smyrna has changed...well, so has Madison. I actually graduated high school from there, and raised my family mostly in New Smyrna. I'm a reverse snow bird. We summer in Ct. katiensb@yahoo.com

We are doing the Ft. Lauderdale 4 dayer. Sorry. now for an important question...I'm an earlier riser, being on Deck 12...where do I get that first cup of morning coffee??? If we're in an inside...who wants room service, nothing to look at but walls so...

Karie...how funny, i just catered a big firefighter fundraiser last weekend...care to mention any names? Yes, old New Smyrna has changed...well, so has Madison. I actually graduated high school from there, and raised my family mostly in New Smyrna. I'm a reverse snow bird. We summer in Ct. katiensb@yahoo.com

Small world-friends of ours own the Riverview Hotel in New Smyrna-my husband and I are doing the QM2 out of Lauderdale in December-:cool:

We are doing the Ft. Lauderdale 4 dayer. Sorry. now for an important question...I'm an earlier riser, being on Deck 12...where do I get that first cup of morning coffee??? If we're in an inside...who wants room service, nothing to look at but walls so...

I think it is called Sir Samuels- They have danish and premium coffees... for a premium, I believe. But I think there is one area of the Kings Court which is always open for coffee tea and some juices, water, and ice.

I gave up coffee years ago when I worked in a building in New Haven with a coffee shop downstairs- There was a layer of rancid coffee oils floating on top- a sheen of oil! I don't think they EVER washed that urn. We weren't allowed to have our own coffee pots in the building. My ex made coffee that you could eat with a knife and fork. When I gave up coffee, I stopped having a sour stomach and stomach cramps every morning around 10 or 10:30! Cut down on my Rolaids bill tremendously! I drink the occasional cup of Earl Grey- Marc got me started on that.

Sorry you won't be on our labor day four day!

But enjoy yours. I thought about the Ft Laud 4 day, if my father was in better health, but he is not even ambulatory at this point!

Karie,

who knows firefighters in BOTH places!

I think Marshall Bontempo used to be the fire marshall in Madison. Or maybe it was Guilford. David Colee was a firefighter in New Smyrna, Angus is the gent in Westport (Everyone knows Angus! Last name escapes me at the moment, but goes well with a name like Angus!)

Archived