Hi Richard. Can you confirm the current supplement rate for singles when offered? Is it 25% or does it vary by cruise? I only ask because a recent booking I made seems to have a 50% single supplement.

Also can you confirm if solos can take advantage of the BOGOHO deals when available? If they can what does it mean in reality? That the overall cost to a single is 175% of normal? If it is available to singles, is it combinable with the reduced single supplement deal?

Many thanks.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

Our standard single supplement has always been 200% asstaterooms are priced on 2 person occupancy. That said Azamara has always beenkeen to welcome single cruisers and where possible has offered a reducedsupplement (as low as 125%) across a range of itineraries. The growingpopularity and demand for our cruises has perhaps reduced the breadth ofitineraries that carry a reduced single supplement but we do have a number of sailings currently on sale with a 150% supplement.

It is certainly not our intention that single customersshould pay more than 2 people sharing, therefore a single guest booking our current promotion of Buy One Get One Half Off with free WiFi, today would in effect pay a 150% supplement.

Many thanks,

Richard

Thanks for that Richard. I appreciate that the normal 200% applies to most sailings and wouldn't expect that to be different. However, it has always been my understanding that the special rate when offered is a 25% supplement, not reduced to as low as 25%. You need to update your marketing material if that is the case to reflect this as it is very misleading. From the front page menu of the Azamara site:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/luxury-cruise-deals/solo-cruise-deals

The 150% supplement figure attached to some cruises (including mine next March) has been brought in very quietly by Azamara if that is the case.

I'm still not clear whether the BOGOHO offer is combinable with a reduced solo fare or if it's either or.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Phil