Butlers and Pimms

He is there to do whatever you wish (within in reason!) so yes, he should certainly be able to do this.

We had one a couple of years ago that got me a bowl of strawberries as a surprise, I didn't have to ask him for them.

They are there to unpack, pack, get you breakfast, lunch or dinner in your Suite, get drinks, ice, Britain Today newspaper, book restaurants, book shore excursions, obtain tender tickets, post your letters/postcards, keep the drinks you request stocked up in your fridge, etc, etc. We had one, quite a few years ago now, that got my husband a lighter from the shop on board (when you could smoke on your balcony) as his had run out of fuel.

Ensure you ask him for anything you want immediately you see him after getting to your cabin, that way he will know that you wish to use him. It is a good idea to ring him quite quickly once you get to your Suite so that you get meeting him out of the way (that is unless he appears within a few minutes, which can happen).

If you have a problem with ANYTHING in the Suite do NOT ring Reception, ring your Butler - he will deal with it.

Enjoy having one - you have paid for it and you don't get them at home! :)

I am with you on that one Stardust. We are first time suite users and looking forward to seeing our butler I wonder if it will be the same chap as yours if you are on the same side of the ship as myself. We are on the left side on B deck and it looks like you too are off to the Fjords because a week today we board the Britannia too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hi

First time in a suite with a butler

Would the butler be able to get cucumber and strawberries for Pimms

I've bought a couple of cans so I can enjoy it on the balcony

Or will I find some in the buffet and bring back to cabin myself?

Would love to see the look on his face! We find they are reluctant to do things that P&O advertises that they do! If you don't have any luck, we took a multi pack of ready made cans of Pimms and got pots of mixed fruit from the grab and go place, which fit in the door shelf of the cabin fridge and kept fresh for days. We enjoyed a Pimms on our balcony each day as we watched the departure from each port. Enjoy.

Our steward has always come up trumps with whatever we need, sometimes even staying on after his shift to organise extra drinks, glasses, wine, and nibbles for us when we entertained friends in our mere balcony cabin. Surely a butler, in a suite, can provide the extras for a Pimms?!

But why take it on board when it is readily available at most bar outlets?? Our favourite tipple at sail away from a port is a Pimms for him and a Bombay Cooler for me. The latter is not now advertised but is available if you ask.

We always order 2 bottles of spirits to be delivered to our cabin when we board and enjoy a drink whilst getting ready for dinner, before having another elsewhere, and the ice and slices arrive without fail every evening, on the dot. No need to order this every day, just make it a daily event at a time to suit your evening arrangements.

But why take it on board when it is readily available at most bar outlets??

1) Price. We bought a pack of 10 ready made cans of Pimms which cost £10, so £1 a time. Exactly the same cans are available in cabin fridges - cost £4.40 each (so that £10 would have been £44.40). And, if I recall, one purchased from the bars is £5.75, cost £57.50 for £10.

2) Convenience. They were in our cabin ready and waiting for when we fancied one. No need to order or go and collect them.

One thing we have found is that although you can order a glass of Pimms at one of the bars you cannot buy a bottle of Pimms on board. You can buy other spirits but not Pimms. Our Butler was very helpful when we were in the Caribbean in telling us on which of the islands we could buy Pimms and exactly where the shop was - he was right. We usually take a bottle with us now on a cruise from Southampton or buy a bottle at Duty Free if we are on a fly cruise. It always seems a lovely thing to have, especially in a warm climate.

1) Price. We bought a pack of 10 ready made cans of Pimms which cost £10, so £1 a time. Exactly the same cans are available in cabin fridges - cost £4.40 each (so that £10 would have been £44.40). And, if I recall, one purchased from the bars is £5.75, cost £57.50 for £10.

2) Convenience. They were in our cabin ready and waiting for when we fancied one. No need to order or go and collect them.

We don't count cost, we are on holiday! We don't buy cans of Pimms at home, just a bottle.:)

We don't count cost, we are on holiday! We don't buy cans of Pimms at home, just a bottle.:)

We don't either, but we also don't burn £50 notes as a matter of course. The cans are great as they are ready made, but taking a bottle of Pimms and a bottle of lemonade is equally sensible if you don't mind the extra weight and will use it all. Aside from the £16.50 cost for 2 Pimms from a bar every day, I just couldn't be bothered to go to a bar, buy them and then trek back to the cabin with them, negotiating lifts and cabin doors when carrying two glasses, missing some of the sailaway as a result. It just wouldn't happen. We took a pack of ready made G&T's as well, but only used a couple of them. The cans of Pimms will be a permanent feature on our packing list from now on!