Hvar island

loobylouuk

Hi I'm going to hvar island and i would like to do some sea kayaking. I believe that this is a tender port and from past experience the ship allows all pre booked excursion goers off first. Anyone any idea what time I can expect to get off?

Thanks in advance

Excursion groups are taken off at a time which is appropriate for their trip - so independents can often get off before them. True, excursion groups get priority but that doesn't mean they all go off first as they'd be all hanging about on shore for their excursion time. Get ready to get off with absolutely everything you need, go to the appointed place to collect tender tickets and you will be called when a tender is available and that may be in a matter of minutes especially if you are early. In any case some excursions won't fill the tender so they are filled up with independents who are ready to 'go'.

Hvar island has two main towns, Hvar town and Stari Grad. Hvar town is the main centre of activity and on each of my three visits - two on Royal Clipper and one on MV Esmeralda - it has been our port of call, although I believe that Stari Grad is actually the main port. So I would check to make sure which port P&O will be using before you arrange for an independent tour to pick you up there.

Edited by Denarius
grammar