Size of Pack 'N Play/Playpen on RCI

Hi everyone,

Our son just turned two and will be 2.5 when we cruise in January on the Independence. I'm concerned that he won't fit into the pack 'n play because he's a rather long boy!!

Anyone know the size or dimensions of the pack 'n plays?? Or have 'longer' kids who slept comfortably in there?

Thnx!

I don't know the exact sizes but I would get a stateroom with a sofa bed jus in case. Our DD has used their pack in plays before but it was not a roomy as the one we have at home (then again the rooms won't fit bigger ones.).

For our next cruise we are going to make sure to have a sofa bed as a backup. Also depending on size they might not give you one as they don't want any little ones climbing out.

I can't imagine that he'd fit at all. We used RCI's pack n play on the Adventure when our son was 1 1/2 and it was fine. On our last cruise he was 2 1/2 and he slept on the sofa bed on the Oasis. We just used our extra pillows as a barrier so he wouldn't roll off the bed. It worked out great.

Don't worry about getting a sofabed room. If the p-n-p doesn't work and you at least have a loveseat/sofa just ask the CS to turn it around facing the wall at night when he's turning down your room and to make up the couch with sheets/blanket/pillow so your child can sleep safely. We did this before and it was never a problem. We simply gave the CS an extra $20 before hand for the inconvenience and he was very accomodating. If you do use the p-n-p ask the CS to break it down for you when he cleans the room so you can move around.

On Oasis it was a Graco commercial grade pnp. I'm pretty sure the dimensions were identical to the one I had at home at the time. Quarters were tight for our then 17 month old who is very tall.

Also, I thought that if you booked a standard cabin for 3 (or 4 for that matter), there had to be a sofa bed or pullmans in addition to the two regular beds.

Archived