New to Celebrity!

yasuto

Hi everyone, we are thinking of booking a royal suite on the Celebrity Summit in June. The tubs on the balcony look great! We've only cruised on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian and usually on newer ships. I'm a little concerned because I've read the Summit is an older ship and not in the best of shape. Is that true? Has anyone stayed in cabin 6134? I'd love to hear people's experiences with both the ship and royal suite cabins. Thank you!

Hi everyone, we are thinking of booking a royal suite on the Celebrity Summit in June. The tubs on the balcony look great! We've only cruised on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian and usually on newer ships. I'm a little concerned because I've read the Summit is an older ship and not in the best of shape. Is that true? Has anyone stayed in cabin 6134? I'd love to hear people's experiences with both the ship and royal suite cabins. Thank you!

I suggest you try doing a little research on these forums about the ship. This question has been asked many times. Here's a recent thread.

Should I be worried about the Summit?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24703&share_tid=2627077&url=https%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2627077&share_type=t

As I said, we've never been on Celebrity. The royal suites look beautiful but some posts say they are older and showing signs of wear. I'm just hoping they look as nice as they do in the pictures. I don't need brand new and luxurious but it sounded like some of them are a little run down. The big draw for us is the tub on the balcony. Did you use yours? Is it comfortable for two? Do you know how the perks of a royal suite compare to suites on Royal Caribbean? Thank you so much!

We have stayed in 6137 on the Summit twice.

Just a mention about the "tub" on the balcony. Some people think it is a hot tub, which it is not. It is more of a bathtub with jets and really only comfortably fits one person.

My husband enjoyed using it while we were sailing, but really didn't use it much when we were docked.

I on the other hand never got in it.

As I said, we've never been on Celebrity. The royal suites look beautiful but some posts say they are older and showing signs of wear. I'm just hoping they look as nice as they do in the pictures. I don't need brand new and luxurious but it sounded like some of them are a little run down. The big draw for us is the tub on the balcony. Did you use yours? Is it comfortable for two? Do you know how the perks of a royal suite compare to suites on Royal Caribbean? Thank you so much!

The Royal Suites and Penthouses on the Summit were just refurbished within the last couple of years. The RS is a very nice suite with plenty of room and a great balcony. There is a dining table inside and out which is great if you order any meals to dine in suite.

I don't know what perks are on RC, but with a RS on Celebrity you have a butler to attend to your needs. RS also have premium beverage packages included, specialty dining and unlimited internet included for all in the suite. You also get 2 bottles of liquor (your choice) with mixers, a minibar stocked with water, beer and soda.

Suites on Celebrity enjoy a private restaurant called Luminae and a private lounge with a bar and concierage called Michaels Club.

We sailed them all, including Summit.

Summit isn't spectacular appearance wise, but offers much more comfortable experience, much less crowded, has much better food in both buffet and mdr, has very cool thalasso pool.

Service is also better.