UK Blog Post: How do you ?Aussify? a cruise ship?

LauraS

• Administrators

When Celebrity Eclipse started sailing from the UK two summers ago, we Brits were entertained by the fact that ‘bangers’ and proper bacon and mushy peas were introduced to the menus, not to mention a range of curries and some British beers. But that was a mere token compared to what Carnival is doing to [...]

More...

It's just common sense for a cruise line to try and fit in with the practices of the country where they're sailing from. It didn't take RCI long to realise that something had to be done about tipping on Indy if they were to compete with other ships from the UK; now they've added a kettle and dropped the drinking age so that all adults can partake (thanks, Liz!).

Celebrity followed; MSC sailing from the Uk has added various food and afternoon tea.... ;)

No doubt the marketing people know more about a nation's needs than we do....Carnival has seen that to break into the Oz world they have to understand the passenger.

Good on 'em! :D

Jo.

How do you ?Aussify? a cruise ship?

Easy.

Turn the entire stern deck into a giant barbie, offering rooburgers, koalaburgers, dingoburgers and crocburgers.

Empty the pools & fill them with Fosters.

Empty all refrigerated store rooms & fill them with Fosters

Empty all water chillers & fill them with Fosters

Empty the bilges & fill them with Fosters, and transfer to all the above for day 2

Change the dress code for formal nights to bush hat, khaki shirt & shorts and open sandals.

Remove all cutlery

Change all restroom signs to "Bruce's" and "Sheilas"

Endlessly repeat on the big screen Australia's triumphant rugby & cricket tournaments. Both of them

Give Rolf Harris a 30-year contract (we'll pay)

Put a string of giant corks around the top of the funnel.

Any more suggestions?

JB :)

All tonge in cheek :p

I do like the idea (and I understand it is meant to be funny ) but if you filled the pools and fridges with Fosters all you would end up with is happy expatriate citizens from the UK, as a real Aussie will drink anything but that horrible brew that we managed to send all the way back to Britain many years ago. As for the burgers they sound like a top idea might just pop out in the street and chase me down a little roo right now to chuck on the the barbie for dinner ;0)

Cheers

David

I do like the idea (and I understand it is meant to be funny ) but if you filled the pools and fridges with Fosters all you would end up with is happy expatriate citizens from the UK, as a real Aussie will drink anything but that horrible brew that we managed to send all the way back to Britain many years ago. As for the burgers they sound like a top idea might just pop out in the street and chase me down a little roo right now to chuck on the the barbie for dinner ;0)

Cheers

David

Dammit - didn't expect any colonials to look in on this forum :o

G'day, David

Nah, I don't drink Fosters either, wouldn't give a 4 xxxx for it.

My village pub landlord reckons his Fosters tap is plumbed straight in from the gents (that's dunny to you) to provide the ultimate in re-cycling :D

A nice luke-warm pint of almost-flat real ale does me nicely ;)

Regards, JB :)

Dammit - didn't expect any colonials to look in on this forum :o

G'day, David

Nah, I don't drink Fosters either, wouldn't give a 4 xxxx for it.

My village pub landlord reckons his Fosters tap is plumbed straight in from the gents (that's dunny to you) to provide the ultimate in re-cycling :D

A nice luke-warm pint of almost-flat real ale does me nicely ;)

Regards, JB :)

My personal preference is for a wee dram of single malt but most Aussies would also tell you that fosters is the by product of drinking copious amounts of xxxx or tooheys. I still cannot get my head around how you guys can drink beer that is NOT ice cold but each to their own ;0).

If they really want to aussify the ship they could allow us to only book cabins in the crew quarters and feed us bread and water for three months. Oh hang on a minute what would the crew eat then ??? ;0)

Cheers

David

Archived