Car Rental - Pick up Mia - Leave @ Port Everglades

GaznPaula

There have been conflicting posts about car rental companies charging a one way drop fee on these boards. Of course any of the big name car rental agencies; Avis, Budget, National, Alamo have rentals at Miami airport that you could drop off in Fort Lauderdale, whether they charge a one way fee or not. My suggestion would be to try Budget at Quay Plaza as their office is just blocks away from Port Everglades. That way you would eliminate a trip to Fort Lauderdale airport. They do open at 8 a.m on Sunday, which looks like the day you will be sailing.

Budget direct phone # for this office: 954-761-7231

QUAY PLAZA/PORT EVERGLADES

1515B SOUTHEAST 17 ST CAUSEWAY

FT.LAUDERDALE , FL 33316 US

Location code EV3

Otherwise, try each of the above mentioned rental agencies on their own websites with pickup at Miami airport and drop off at Fort Lauderdale airport.

I know that Dollar offers one way with pick up in Miami and return at Fort Lauderdale.

I work for an airline and fly standby. Since I really won't know until the morning when I leave which flight looks the best (between Miami and Fort Lauderdale) I booked cars at both airports.

The one way rate is about $10 more than the rate in Fort Lauderdale.

But do shop around!

One year I knew that flying back home was me driving to Jacksonville. I got a good one way rate with one dollar while another car rental place wanted three times as much.

Archived