Replacing Polo Grill or Toscana with Red Ginger in Regatta, Nautica and Insignia?

AirSeaLand2

Totally agree. We were on the inaugural and felt that Jacques in the GDR at lunch had no where near the offerings as the restaurant on the O ships in the evening. We much preferred the regular and varied GDR menu at lunch before they merged Jacques into the GDR and Jacques was our favorite. And as you stated, we were only able to make it to the GDR for lunch once due to the early closing.

I hope that all of us have enough of the Salesman in us to realize that Jacques Bistro on the R ships is supposed to give those passengers a tiny taste; so that, perhaps, a few of them might book an additional cruise on the larger ships.

It was never planned to be comparable.

Well, I've always been a fan of Red Ginger. I've also enjoyed Polo and Toscana, and I had the privilege of sailing the Maiden voyage of Sirena, and I loved their new specialty dining venues. Fabulous. A great variety. Would love to see them on all the ships.

I am new to cruising, but wanted to know if there is a way to book more than one night in specialty restaurant on cruise?

Yes you can ask at the reservation desk on the ship daily if there are any opening for that day

if you are will to share a table you have a better chance

Of course you get more reservation depending on the Cabin Cat ( higher cat more reservations) you book & the length of the cruise