Weather for Houston

PrincessE

Hi -

Now that Princess is sailing out of Houston instead of Galveston (hurray!), DH and I are getting ready to book our next cruise. We want to do the Western Caribbean back-to-back in either January, February, March or April.

We're leaning towards January and February because we really don't want to run into a 'spring break' crowd. Any advice on when the best months are for Houston would be greatly appreciated.

We won't be spending a lot of time in Houston; probably two days pre and one day post.

Thanks in advance for the advice and opinions!

Really hard to say when the weather would be best in Houston during the winter. In general, days will be between 60-75F, however there will be periods close to freezing or close to 80F. It tends to go through cycles.

The one thing that is pretty consistent is that we tend to have a good amount of morning fog, more in Jan than Feb. This can impact cruise arrival times, so it would be a good idea to have a day post cruise so you aren't stressed out over making a flight.

Definitely avoid March due to spring break. In 2014 Texas schools will be out either the week of 3/10 or 3/17.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to stay a day or so before and/or after I'd look at late Feb early March as that is when the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is. It is as Reliant park(next to the old astrodome) and lasts about a month. Rodeos and concerts about every night. If you have never been it can be a cool thing to do. It is at the

If you are going to stay a day or so before and/or after I'd look at late Feb early March as that is when the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is. It is as Reliant park(next to the old astrodome) and lasts about a month. Rodeos and concerts about every night. If you have never been it can be a cool thing to do. It is at the

I agree it is a wonderful event.

We have been active volunteers

in our lifetime. Today there are 26,000 volunteers.

Last year attendance was 2,300,000.

Since 1932 HLSR has given $330,000,000 for the benefit

of youth in the State of Texas. A non profit.

It is the largest fair in North America.

I agree it is a wonderful event.

We have been active volunteers

in our lifetime. Today there are 26,000 volunteers.

Last year attendance was 2,300,000.

Since 1932 HLSR has given $330,000,000 for the benefit

of youth in the State of Texas. A non profit.

It is the largest fair in North America.

I haven't been in years myself. I think the last time was the first year they were in Reliant Stadium. I am off this week maybe I'll slide over during the day with the nice weather we are expecting might be a good way to kill a day. :)

Archived