iMessage on Harmony

has anyone recently tried connecting to the Royal wifi and putting their phone in airplane mode and having it work?

We are on the Harmony now and the messages just stay stuck in sending. Is there a password that needs to be mentioned? It was said on here that you can use iMessage for free but it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

There was no password used when it worked before. If you are connected to Royal WiFi and it's not working, then it's possible they found a way to block it. If so, then your options would be to download the Royal IQ app and pay $8 per device for messaging other devices on the ship, or buy VOOM for each device for messaging devices on and off the ship.

We’ve only been able to use iMessage w the WiFi package in the past on oasis and allure. Only w the WiFi package. iMessage needs an internet connection in order to work.

The OP is referring to a "hole" in the firewall that has existed for months on Quantum class ships and Harmony. This has allowed iMessage to funtion without an internet package. We may be seeing an end to that.

We were on Harmony last week. We downloaded the Royal IQ app. Put the phone in airplane mode and we were able to text (iMessage). I had Zoom, but my daughter didn’t and she didn’t pay the $7.95.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Harmony last week. We downloaded the Royal IQ app. Put the phone in airplane mode and we were able to text (iMessage). I had Zoom, but my daughter didn’t and she didn’t pay the $7.95.

The texting option within the Royal IQ app is a totally separate app that is not integrated into any other function of the phone - everyone needs to have the app and pay for the texting option, and it only works while connected to the ship's wifi.

The OP's issue may be an outlier - we have not had any other reports of that "feature" on Royal IQ ships (being able to text without a VOOM package) not working.