Duck Island, Isle of Pines, Noumea

subaru94

Does anyone know if you can go to Duck Island, I believe it was badly damaged in a recent cyclone? I have read somewhere but unable to find it about private tours in Isle of Pines to a lovely swimming spot, besides the one you can walk to? Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if you can go to Duck Island, I believe it was badly damaged in a recent cyclone? I have read somewhere but unable to find it about private tours in Isle of Pines to a lovely swimming spot, besides the one you can walk to? Any help would be appreciated.

Duck Island was closed after Cyclone Vania went through in January when we were there. I can't tell you if it's opened yet....I would assume so, I believe it was just superficial damage but too messy for tourists to go the day after the cyclone. Can't help with Isle of Pines, as we missed that....you guessed it....due to Cyclone Vania :D I'm heading there (hopefully) on the 17th April cruise ex Sydney on Pearl, so will have more info when we get back. P&O do have a shorex to the Natural Aquarium though.

Edited to add: Ahhhh I see you are going on 4th April....you'll be able to report back to us hehe

Duck Island was closed after Cyclone Vania went through in January when we were there. I can't tell you if it's opened yet....I would assume so, I believe it was just superficial damage but too messy for tourists to go the day after the cyclone. Can't help with Isle of Pines, as we missed that....you guessed it....due to Cyclone Vania :D I'm heading there (hopefully) on the 17th April cruise ex Sydney on Pearl, so will have more info when we get back. P&O do have a shorex to the Natural Aquarium though.

Edited to add: Ahhhh I see you are going on 4th April....you'll be able to report back to us hehe

Hi Debsta,

I recall that the excursions to Duck Island were fine, so enjoy.

Cheers

Di

Archived