is all of orient beach topless/co

Tom-n-Cheryl

I've been to baie rouge and know that it is topless but was wondering if ALL of orient beach is topless and only the part at Club Orient is C/O. Just trying to figure out where I want to drop my towel, grab a cool one and enjoy the day.

Thanks,

Cheryl

All beaches on the French side of the island are topless (but not CO). On Orient Beach - only the area at Club Orient is officially CO but you will see nude people walking the length of the beach. If you want to sunbathe nude, you would probably be most comfortable on that part of the beach that fronts Club Orient.

kal: I was looking for at least topless

Cheryl

Cheryl - Here's my take on the majority of St. Maarten beaches:

Nude Beaches (predominant):

Cupecoy

Orient Beach (Club Orient section)

Orient Beach (maybe 10% along balance of beach)

Happy Bay

Pinel Island

Topless:

Orient Bay

Baie Rouge

Baie Longue

Dawn Beach

Family:

Le Galleon

Kim Sha Beach

Friars Bay

Guana Bay

Little Bay

Mullet Beach

Attractions:

Maho Beach (jumbo jets)

Club O and Cupecoy are the most popular clothing optional beaches. Cupecoy has very few gawkers compared to Club O. The majority of gawkers and voyeurs are from cruiseships.

All the beaches on the French side are topless friendly. Orient Beach is probably preferred because of all the bars, restaurants and multiple different locations along the 1.5 mile beach. You can easily shift from topless to no-line tan without drawing any attention from gawkers or voyeurs.

I think i'll do a little more research on Cupecoy and maybe the Coco beach bar. Can you get a taxi to drop you off right at the coco beach bar or is that something you have to walk to from another area?

thanks for all the helpful info:D

Cheryl

kal - that's a great panorama of Orient Beach! Folks planning to visit OB should consider printing it out and taking it with them. It's great how you can click on most locations and bring up more details - fun to research (and dream). We visted in February and will return next year - obviously you've been there a lot and love it like we do. Thanks for all the wonderful information you share about St. Martin.

Archived