Time to Arrive at Port

ksmaxey

I was amazed at how early we got on the ship. I figured with an 8pm departure we wouldn't be on until 4. Well, turns out it was a 7pm departure :o ... and we were on the ship the same time as cakeordeath. The room was ready right away, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone else share their experience and time boarding? We like to be one of the first on board, and usually arrive at the port to check in luggage at 9:30am. Has anyone else gone that early? I know they probably don't let you on that early...they have to clear the ship first. TIA!

I would suggest that 9:30 is too early.

We just got off on 3/29. They didn't start disembarking passengers until 9:15 and we were in the 4th group (1/3 of the way through) and we weren't allowed to disembark until 10:15.

When we boarded we arrived at the port we arrived at 10:45 and were in the first group to board (make sure you get the numbers) and we were finally allowed to board about noon. There is an airconditioned area with decent seating to wait.

Thanks for the info!

I guess we'll try for 10am then, to get everything checked in and our number.

When we sailed out of Norfolk there was no inside building for check in so we got to watch everyone disembark which was fun and helped pass the time while we waited.

• 2 weeks later...

we booked a Sinfonia cruise rather last minute out of Rome. Needless to say we have not gotten as much info as we usually do before leaving. Does anyone know the latest we should arrive for a 8pm sailing? Is there typically something available to eat throughout the day when arriving on the ship? I know most ships there is-but it seems MSC does things a little differently and I do not want to assume.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know about boarding time for Alaska Cruise out of Vancouver, or should I say the earliest they start letting you on board ? Thanks. Less that 1 week and will be on the Statendam. YAHOOOOO:D . I live in Vancouver, but I know the morning of I will be up so early and prancing around waiting till I can leave for the ship. Travelling with friends from work and my sister-in-law and riding our coat tails is my brother LOL. (sorry Larry, just had to throw that in , just kidding). :o We will have a great time.:)

Anyone know about boarding time for Alaska Cruise out of Vancouver, or should I say the earliest they start letting you on board ? Thanks. Less that 1 week and will be on the Statendam. YAHOOOOO:D . I live in Vancouver, but I know the morning of I will be up so early and prancing around waiting till I can leave for the ship. Travelling with friends from work and my sister-in-law and riding our coat tails is my brother LOL. (sorry Larry, just had to throw that in , just kidding). :o We will have a great time.:)

Tasia,

Holland book "Know Before You Go" says "Although embarkation may begin as early as 11:30 am, our previous sailing guests will have just disembarked and we will still be in the process of preparing the ship for your cruise. We anticipate that your stateroom will be ready at approximately 1:00 pm. Therefore, you are welcome to make yourself at home in the bar, lounge or pool areas. Your baggage will arrive in your stateroom later that afternoon. The Lido Restaurant embarkation buffet and the Pool Grill will open at 11:30 am."

Hope this answers your question.

Archived