Dinner Reservation Times

Jshanleypt

You don't need reservations for MDR, you might have to wait a short amount of time - but there are TV monitors in areas showing how busy they are etc. Specialty you can make reservations. For any "group" there might be wait time in both locations - its just how it goes. You can research this under the restaurant information on the NCL site.

We're sailing as a group on the Escape in January and would appreciate any information on dining times in both MDR and Specialty when reserving online. Are there blocks of times one can reserve or anytime during the operating hours for that restaurant?

On the Breakaway, at least, at the 90-day mark the MDRs had reservations available every hour on the half hour (i.e. 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, etc). The specialty dining had most times available, although that depended on the restaurant on how many times were available and whether it was in 30 or 15 minute intervals.

Note that only a small portion of total reservation spots are made available online before the cruise, with many more opening up onboard/on the NCL App on embarkation day. So if you don't see a time available you like when doing the online booking, you can always book a close time, but then attempt to change the reservation to your initial desired time either once on board or while waiting to board at the port using the app.

I just booked my specialty reservations for my upcoming cruise on the Star, Dec. 1. I just went to plan my vacation in My Account. Used their on-line reservation system. I couldn't reserve in Teppanyaki, you have to wait until you are on board for that one. ( I called to make sure) I did book for Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina. It was easy!

Thank you, that’s very helpful!

On the Breakaway, at least, at the 90-day mark the MDRs had reservations available every hour on the half hour (i.e. 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, etc). The specialty dining had most times available, although that depended on the restaurant on how many times were available and whether it was in 30 or 15 minute intervals.

Note that only a small portion of total reservation spots are made available online before the cruise, with many more opening up onboard/on the NCL App on embarkation day. So if you don't see a time available you like when doing the online booking, you can always book a close time, but then attempt to change the reservation to your initial desired time either once on board or while waiting to board at the port using the app.

Actually they have seatings running from 5:00 to 9:30 every thirty minutes (e.g. 5:00, 5:30, 9:00, 9:30) normally on line you can book a party of anywhere form 1 to 8 depending on what is still available. We booked all of our dining the day the reservations became available and we have a 7:30 seating every night for our party of four at the dining facility that we had planned to visit when we made our cruise schedule. You do not have to wait until you are on board to make reservations nor do you have to use the app. The dining officer (for lack of better term) will be set up in the area where you wait to board, you can see them and make your reservation. The sooner you attempt to make reservations the better chance you have of getting the day/time you want.

It may be different from sailing to sailing in regards to what times they make available online at the 90 day mark. For my particular sailing for Manhattan Room, they only had the hourly times available for booking on the first available day at 8am eastern. I didn't mean to imply the other times won't actually be available on embarkation day, just pointing out the availability online, at least for one sailing of one ship.