Anyone Scrapbook their trips?

I can't find a category this really fits in, so I thought I'd post here since this is where I spend all my time...

Does anyone here scrapbook their cruises? I'm just getting into scrapbooking and I'd love to see some pics of other people's pages!! Just wondering... :D

I"m happy to say that all 21 of my cruises are scrapbooked, and I love

to relive my trips thru them. If you go over to Cruise Memorabilia you will

find some other scrapbooking threads. Lisa

I love scrapbooking! I do digital with Photoshop Elements and have them printed on 12x12 paper. Here are a few from our cruises. I still have lots more of photos that are waiting to be scrapped!

Second-Formal-Night.jpg

supreme_round_4_2nd_webpreview.jpg

Towel-animals.jpg

mariner-08.jpg

Great pages! I am a digital scrapbooker, and you will sometimes find me by the pool working on my pages on my laptop! I use the Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus program. I have them printed and bound in individual books. My Voyager Cruise from 2 years ago is done in a 12 x12 format. Of course, I own a business through Creative Memories and love using the discount for myself!

I am an avid scrapbooker, and have scrapped all my cruises. There are such cute items available to scrapbook cruises. Stickers, paper and die cuts, Oh My!

At the photo area on the ships, they even have a pack of scrapbooking goodies you can buy! It has paper and stickers and so forth. Features some logo stuff, some of the ship names, etc. I didn't get it, but it was pretty cute. Just had more stuff I wouldn't use than stuff I would.

I also did the scrapbooking class they offered onboard. I was on Enchantment and apparently a lot of their class materials had wandered off, so the pickings were slim (they were reordering, so should be okay now). It was still fun, though, as I got to talk to fellow scrappers and so forth. We had a good time!

I love to scrapbook my cruises. IF you don't do the digital thing be sure to go to the photo gallery and look for the photo books and scrap book papers and stuff. They have a pak that has 250 pieces that is really good.

I tried one time to do the digital thing but was using print shop program and found it slow and cumbersome to work with may need to try another program. I loved your pages!

I love scrapbooking! I do digital with Photoshop Elements and have them printed on 12x12 paper. Here are a few from our cruises. I still have lots more of photos that are waiting to be scrapped!

Kelly

Loved your pages. Personally I have never tried digial scrapbooking. I used to do the paper scrapbooking all the time I even have a whole room dedicated to my supplies but since I started working full time 3 yrs ago I just don't have the creative energy left in me. I still buy supplies from time to time with the hopes that one of these days I will get back into it. Maybe after this cruise LOL! {I tell myself that every cruise ;) }

I had every intention of scrapbooking our wedding pictures and then our honeymoon cruise pictures....but that was 3 years ago!! (I've never scrapbooked and don't even know where to get started.) :o

I love the digital scrapbooking idea though - very cool. I didn't even know you could do that!

I love the digital scrapbooking idea though - very cool. I didn't even know you could do that!

For those of us with limited time, one good thing about digital scrapbooking is that it doesn't take as long as traditional scrapbooking! :D I'm planning a digital scrapbook when I return from my Alaska cruise next month. Depending on time, I may or may not do a traditional scrapbook as well.

Deborah

I did a lot of digital scrapping when my son was a baby. And for those who do digital scrap, buy a digital frame that does the slideshow and design pages for the size of the screen and it's like a scrapbook that turns pages all on its own! I make daddy/son pages for a father's day frame for my husband's desk at work.

Naw. I'm a picture taking fool and actually a very creative/artistic person, but I don't have the time for scrapbooking (nevermind the storage space, lol). I must say, this digital scrapbooking really intrigues me! I had no idea it existed. Can anyone point me to a good starting place on the web to learn more about this? I have a million questions. :)

Naw. I'm a picture taking fool and actually a very creative/artistic person, but I don't have the time for scrapbooking (nevermind the storage space, lol). I must say, this digital scrapbooking really intrigues me! I had no idea it existed. Can anyone point me to a good starting place on the web to learn more about this? I have a million questions. :)

If you are familiar with photo editing software like Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro you can create pages with the layers. It really gives the most freedom of how to build a page exactly how you want it but it also takes the most skill. The other option is the multitude of digital scrapbook software available for purchase. I found this review of them.. http://scrapbooking-software-review.toptenreviews.com/. Personally I use Paint Shop Pro for when I digital scrap, or to create embellishments for my traditional scrapping.

If you are familiar with photo editing software like Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro you can create pages with the layers. It really gives the most freedom of how to build a page exactly how you want it but it also takes the most skill. The other option is the multitude of digital scrapbook software available for purchase. I found this review of them.. http://scrapbooking-software-review.toptenreviews.com/. Personally I use Paint Shop Pro for when I digital scrap, or to create embellishments for my traditional scrapping.

Thank you so much Francesca. I have always wanted to learn Photo Shop/Paint Shop, but my current budget won't allow it, lol. I had a feeling those would be the best bests for digital scrapbooking. I will be bookmarking the link you posted for the software!

I have some old copies of Paint Shop Pro including version X around here somewhere that would work on XP. Maybe I can try to track down the CD down for you. And you are close enough I could even teach you how to use it :)

If you've ever seen the Bo-Bunny board books that spell out FAMILY or FRIEND and other such words, I have found a lady on e-bay that makes them and will do any word you want. I ordered a bunch that say CRUISE and am intending to scrap them as little souvenirs to all my friends and family traveling with me on my next cruise.

I just wish the cruise lines would go to a digital option for the photos they take while you are on the ship. I would be willing to pay $100 or a little more for digital access to the photos - on a cd or something. Thats about what I spend on photos anyway.

One thing I did that really worked well in my last digital album was to scan in the photos and postcards, sea pass etc to include on my digital pages. My album cover is a sepia toned postcard print of the ship in Miami's port. Professionally taken - but since it is stretched out to a 12 inch by 24 inch shape - it looks amazing. If anyone wants a link to that scrapbook, post here and I will e-mail it to you.

I'm fairly new to digital scrapbooking, but two sites I've found that I like so far are www.blurb.com and www.mypublisher.com. Both offer free software downloaded to your computer. You may not have as many choices as far as page backgrounds and embellishments, but they are both easy to use and the books look very professional . . . definitely worth checking out! :D

Deborah

I scrapbook the old fashioned way and have done all three of our cruises. I use mostly all Creative Memories material and usually fill one album per cruise over capacity. I take WAAAYYY too many pictures but I love going back and reliving each cruise. On Freedom, I bought the scrapbooking kit (I think it was $25) and it was completely worth it. I used almost everything in the kit and what I loved about it was the stickers were geared towards our itinerary. Definitely check into it the next time you cruise.

I wish that I had all our cruises scrapbooked! some of you have done great.

I only scrapbook the old fashion way have not done any of the digital.

On one of our cruises I organized a scrapbook get together from our Meet and Mingle group. We all took our own tools (just what we needed) then took something to share with the group like stickers or tags etc. I made up page kits for each of us. When we boarded the ship I ask at the pursers desk if we could have a room somewhere on the ship to get together and they said yes! it was a conferance room they actually gave it to us to use for no charge!

We even had a name for our group we called ourselves the "Scrappy Explorers" that was the best meet and mingle group! of course we were on the Explorer of the Seas ! this was long before they offered scrapbooking on the ship by ship staff. We picked a sea day as we had two and one afternoon did the get together for I think three hours.

On our last cruise I purchased one of the ship scrapbook kits, yes it does have some things in it that I would not use but it does have some stickers that are pretty neat, and I love the album, it has a pull out picture coupon on the cover that you can turn in for a picture of your ship, this I did not realize til I had it home.

One thing that I have found that really helps out is put all your pics on CD's and then on the last page of the scrapbook make a holder for them and put the CD in there so that you will have the pictures of your cruise that you did not scrap with the rest of your book, this makes it really nice when you go back to look at something because sometimes if you take as many pics as we do it is hard to keep all the cruises seperate especially if you visit some of the same islands more then once.

I do hope that the cruise line will change the album from time to time so that we do not have the same on year after year.

If you are a first time scrapbooker my tips would be, take a folder with flaps that snap or button down and put cruise compass in each day, maps of the islands you stop at and any shore excrusion tickets etc we even keep the list from the pursers desk as to what we spent on the ship, this is nice to look at later and see how much we spent on each cruise. When you have all this stuff and there will be lots more things to collect you can add them to your scrapbook pages. I also take a seperate folder with a piece of cardboard in it to put any photos that we purchase on the ship this way they do not get bent on the way home, eight cruises and counting and so far have never had a wrinkled picture when we got home.

Good luck with your album it is so much fun, I too have a whole room devoted to scrapbooking .

I have scrapbooked our previous cruises (ok, the last one STILL isn't finished). I have a Cricut, so I can cut what I want for embellishments. I'm taking mini memo books on our next cruise, so we can make notes about excursions, etc as we go...it will make the journaling so much easier. I like the cd idea, I'm going to have to do that;) !

Hello gsmom893, I too am going to try to do a journaling book for our next cruise, I did make one for my family that will be cruising for the first time with us I used a chipboard book and embelished the front with the word cruise, ship name, date etc. I then just went throught the book at random and put in some cruise pics or embelishments.

I do not have a cricut yet still using my sizzix system. Do you really like your cricut? I have friends that have them and they like them. I just don't know if I want to put alot more money into another die cutting system, but have to admit I love what the cricut can do. Which of the models do you have?

Hello fellow scrapbookers! There are a few scrapbookers on the Cruise Memorabilia section of the Cruise Discussion Topics message board! Don't see many often, but the more of us there are there to share ideas the better!

I've only been on one cruise, but I've got it scrapped! I use Quickutz dies...got some brand new tropical ones that I can't wait to use for my next cruise.

I've never thought about going digital. While I'm sure it's quicker, I love the theraputic side of doing it by hand.

We just got off the Mariner on Sunday, and I took a journal to keep notes of all that we did. We treated our kids to the cruise, too, so I'm planning on using the photos I took, the ones we bought from the ship's photographers, the ones my son took, and the ones my daughter and son-in-law took. I've already bought three photo albums, but I still have the receipt and can exchange them for scrapbooks, if need be. I've never done a scrapbook before, so I sure could use your guidance! I'll check out the web sites that some of you kindly posted, but is there a do-it-by-hand method that you find to be easy and fun that would be good for a beginner? I want to do three identical books so that my kids can have one, too.

Archived