Summit Night Life/Bands

JohnTyler75

Hi everyone,

I sailed on the NCL Breakaway to Bermuda in July, overall the expirence was good. Just too crowded and the whole haven thing rubbed me the wrong way. We rebooked on the Escape after reading more positive reviews. But after looking into the pricing it wasn’t much more for us to do two rooms on celebrity rather than a mini suite on NCL.

I decided to book the Summit for May, and our group is aged 27-83. Overall one of the things we liked the most was dualing pianos, where we got to know the performers pretty well.

I read on the Celebrity website that the summit has live bands around the ship at a couple of bars. Does anyone have expirence with these bands? Are they interactive with the crowd?

Is there any other type of entertainment at night besides shows? I’ve never sailed on Celebrity, but I know it is more relaxation than party. But for those nights when we want to stay up a late are there options?

Thanks in advance!

We were on Summit in October. Every night there was live entertainment in the Rendezvous Lounge on Deck 4. It varied but usually the house band and dancing. There is a piano at Cafe Al Baccio deck 5 and frequently a piano player or other entertainment there. Also Cellar Masters frequently had nightly live entertainment. The Martini Bar area had both live entertainment and DJ type entertainment including Silent Disco. Always something going on in the Revelations Lounge until the wee hours of the morning. Late afternoon into the evening there was live entertainment deck 10 aft at the Sunset Bar outside behind the Oceanview Cafe weather permitting.

OMG I came onto the boards with the exact same question. We did the Breakaway in May 2017 and now we are booked on the Escape May 27 2017 (mini suite) and the Summit (balcony and ocean view.) Our group is aged 21-81. We also loved loved loved the dueling pianos, we were there every night. We can't decided what to do. Should we give the Summit a chance?

We were on the Summit from September 24th through October 28th for a B2B2B series of cruises. In addition to the shows in the theatre (generally at 7 and 9 PM) acts around the ship during the day into evening included a string duo "The Neptunes," pianist and vocalist Peter Rossi, an acoustic duo "Fly Colors," and guitar vocalist Linda Capewell. The two bands were "The Friends Project" and "Hot Detroit." And of course the DJ (whose name I can't remember). The acts are generally scheduled for about 45 minutes of playing time before taking a break. So no dueling pianos, but a variety of live musical entertainment.