Castries on a Sunday

Invincible

We will be here in January on a Sunday, we visited once before on a Sunday and walked into the town but practically everywhere was closed, couldn't even find a bar for a drink before returning to the ship. That was a few years ago, is this still the case does anyone know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't have a clue about Charlotte don't even know where it is but when we've been before midweek there is a small market area with a bar in the corner and a small selection of shops near the alternative dock to the one we've always used

Castries is very much a working town, and shuts down pretty much completely on Sundays. (majority Catholic country).

There is a newish boardwalk at Vigie Beach, walking distance from the port, wirh chairs available, restaurants and bars, facilities - they'll be open. Or head to Rodney Bay for long stretch of beach, watersports, restaurants and bars, etc.

Or take a tour and see some if what the island has to offer.

Enjoy.

We have been before on a cruise and our daughter was married there 18 years ago, at that time we were there for 2 weeks so many of the tourist attractions we have already seen, just looking this time for somewhere to walk to, have a beer or three and chill. Will check out Vigie beach