What Van Tour do you like in Acapulco?

bling19572010

Our group used Rudy, Tour by Van, on our Acapulco port day in March and it was excellent. I had several emails back and forth between myself and Rudy prior to our day there, and he assured me that the tour, the transportation, everything, would be exactly as we wanted, and Rudy delivered on his promise. Even though Rudy himself was already committed to be tour guide to another group, the tour guide he provided for my group was excellent, and Rudy was there at several stops along the way to visit with us, and to make sure that we were happy with our day's agenda.

You will have a wonderful day in Acapulco with Rudy's Tour by Van.

We will be in Acapulco in May of 2011 and would like info on van tours. We would be interested in sightseeing tours that would include history, scenery and cliff diving. My Mother is in a wheelchair, but she does not need a chair lift. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

we went with rudy in march on our coral princess cruise fl-la.we had the great pleasure of rudy as our guide for the day.rudy is first class and we had great day in acapulco.we went with him thanks to get reviews on cc.

rudy will custom your tour to your needs.we had a large van for the 6 of us.

so your mother should have plenty of room .

I have organized a tour for our October cruise with Sebastiàn Hernàndez Ricardo who is highly recommended in Trip Advisor. One of the people in our group is in a wheelchair and Sebastiàn said there would be no problems. He is also slightly cheaper than others. I could let you know how it works out.

• 1 month later...
We will be in Acapulco in May of 2011 and would like info on van tours. We would be interested in sightseeing tours that would include history, scenery and cliff diving. My Mother is in a wheelchair, but she does not need a chair lift. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi, we just got back from our cruise on the Spirit and when in Acapulco we used Tour by Van. Rudy is excellent and I highly recommend his services! You can get more info here:

http://www.tourbyvan.com/

Hope this helps!

Ship tours are absolutely the biggest rip off!! The people on here who do there homework work out much better deals no need for a middle man. A standard cab could not handle comfortably a wheelchair bound person so a special contact would need to be made.

Prerel

I too 2nd Sabastian Hernandez he is terrific and #1 recomended on TA and can be reached at eskp_rsh@hotmail.com there is an _ underscore dash in his email between the P & R you can't go wrong here and more then a little cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned home today from our 8 day cruise on the SPIRIT. First of all, I loved Acapulco. It is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. We took a tour with Rudy, Tour by Van, and had a wonderful guide named Arturo. It was the best. I highly recommend this tour. What a fantastic day. I can't wait to visit Acapulco again!

Prerel,

How did your tour with go with Sebastiàn Hernàndez Ricardo in October?

We had an excellent tour with Sebastiàn. He was waiting at the port entrance for us when we arrived with a nice roomy 14 seater american van. As mentioned in a previous post, we had a person in a wheelchair with us. Acapulco is not a wheelchair friendly place for tourists. There is a lot of steps at the Chapel of Peace and at the Cliff divers which has some ramps but the chair has to be carried to the observation area. We would highly recommend Sebastian (email eskp_rsh at hotmail dot com),he has an excellent knowledge of history of the area and attractions. The traffic in Acapulco is terrible, especially as there is road works on the main highway to the Chapel, we nearly missed the divers show at 1.00am. The wheelchair allowed us to park in a disabled parking bay right at the Divers instead of walking a long way.

Preston

We also had a fantastic tour with Rudy. We were treated to a 7 hour tour, Rudy suggested some places to visit and we chose from his list. We were treated to our own private turtle release excursion, a visit to the Chapel of Peace with great views of Acapulco, lunch (try their pina colada), cliff divers and a drive-through of the local town centre.

But my favourite was an unexpected boating trip along the rivers by the lagoon, teaming with wildlife.

The tour was excellent value, Rudy gave us a running commentary throughout and we felt we had a glimpse of the real Acapulco. Rudy certainly went the extra mile to ensure we enjoyed our day, like us you will find many happy customers have taken the time to post their reviews online.

We just returned from the Panama Canal Cruise with Norwegian Star. The tour our Cruise Critic group booked with Rosie Diaz Hernandez was excellent. She was very professional, took care of all of the details, and very inexpensive. We highly recommend her tour company.

Francis & Patricia

We're on our way home from Celebrity's Infinity Panama Canal cruise. We did Rosie's Acapulco tour. Guide spoke English quite well, saw all the highlights, even accomodated a wheel chair, although the wheelchair could not go to a couple of the sites. She was able to see the cliff divers.

Rosie's tour is pretty much the same as all the rest, however she is very attentive and the price is right!

I have used Joel Ramirez both times I visited Acapulco. The 1st time I used him was on a whim when our driver from "Rosie's Tours" never showed and left my group of 14 high and dry. When we returned the second time, I contacted Joel and he was at the pier waiting for our group of 12. He is very professional but yet also very personable. He is extremely knowledgeable about his city. He now has a website http://www.acapulcoexplorer.com/

If I ever go back to Acapulco, Joel Ramirez will be my choice again! He took us to see the cliff divers first (before it got to crowded) and got us fabulous spots to see everything! With all the problems Acapulco has been having I would feel extremely safe traveling with Joel.

If you choose Joel.....tell him Don & Donna said "HOLA" :D

ENJOY!

• 5 weeks later...
We have just returned from a Panama Canal cruise that ended up in Acapulco. We contacted a man called Hector through reading about him on this website and arranged a tour for as long as we wanted, going to where we wanted and he charged 20 dollars an hour for the two of us. His e-mail address is angel_herrera77@hotmail.com

Hector is very reputable and has been for years...One of a handful the TA forum has recommended for years. Thanks

We used Tour By Van with Rudy for sightseeing in Acapulco on Dec 20. We had contacted him ahead of time and made all arrangements by email. Rudy and our guides, Romeo and Sergio, were waiting for us at the gate exactly where he said. We had the van to ourselves with a driver and guide who both spoke excellent English. By having both, the driver could drop us off and move to a pick-up spot while the guide walked with us. We were taken to see the things we had requested and they made every effort to avoid the worst traffic and unnecessary waiting. The dynamics of the city are changing and our guide was very good at explaing the changes, along with the history of the area. We saw the good, bad, beautiful and ugly, all safely and comfortably.

As he advertises, Rudy does not take you shopping, unless you request. We asked to visit local markets and that was fun and interesting. Many vendors are preparing for Christmas and it was all very colorful.

We went to watch the Cliff Divers and had a table for $15 each which covers two drinks each and also makes a small payment to the divers. We were early and while waiting we watched a Humpback Whale in the distance breaching and surfacing repeatedly for our entertainment. We went for lunch at La Cabana and it was just like Rudy said, good food and service for a reasonable price. Very clean and pleasant. The shark tamales were very good, on the spicy side.

We would not hesitate to use Rudy again in the future. He arranges your tour exactly the way you wish. He even joined us periodically to ensure we were happy and having a good time. Never had a tour operator do that before!

We were on Rudy's tour in Acapulco and it was excellent. Everything operated smoothly, tour guide was excellent - very informative about a range of topics and gave us a good sense of life in Acapulco, vehicles clean and comfortable, and everything happened without a hitch. We give Rudy and his team our highest recommendation and would look forward to a tour with him again in the future.

Jenny

We returned from acapulco on the 22nd Dec 2011. After the Panama Canal cruise on the P&O Oceana. We booked Rudy tour by Van before we arrived. Rudy met us as planned with Orlando who was also Great.We Had the best day ever Rudy was so informative yet never boring. We went to Release the baby Turtles into the sea that was a great experience there was only 6 in our party and rudy was ready to take photos whenever we wanted. We then did the city tour which was so interesting you could never do this alone. we stopped for lunch at our request, we were taken to a beach side resturant the food was fab and so reasonable. We went to the local market and walked through which was the only way to experience this and that was a good choice as well.We then went to see the Cliff divers thats was so amazing we had a great day and not expensive. Please everyone contact Rudy tours by van you will not regret it, you will have the best day ever. Shirley Ian Marcia Liam. Dec 2010

Archived