Tuscany/Florence reasonable driver A+

Just returned May 10 from a fantastic Oceania Med cruise. Had done the itinerary previously and so did not want to repeat Florence- was looking for an economical way to see as much of Tuscany as possible. Had seen several recommendations for a young man named Alessandro Cammilli.

I emailed him and he was available for the date I wanted and he quoted us a rate of 240 EU for our group of 4. He picked us up from the ship at about 8:15am and we returned at about 5:45pm. It was amazing how much ground we covered!

We visited San Gimignano and Siena, two beautiful wineries in the Chianti area, two castles also in the Chianti region, Monteriggioni, Castellina in Chianti, and two medieval walled villages- we passed through Volterra and would have had time to spend there too if we 'd not spent so much time in San Gimignano. The tour bus from our cruise only went to Siena and San G- we ran circles around what they covered in the same amount of time! Plus we were able to stop and sample the wine and olive oil at the wineries and vineyards we visited- visit the area in the wineries where the wines are stored and eventually bottled.

Allessandro is a very nice, gentlemanly and knowledgable man- AND would you believe? Carabinieri! He was able to whoosh thru toll booths that other cars had to stop and wait in long lines for.

His price was so reasonable for the amount of territory we covered. He does not work every day and I am fairly certain his prices will increase as summer approaches.

He lives and works in Florence and I know that he can do tours of Florence as well.

Best wishes.

Petoonya, it might be a good idea to go ahead and post Allessandros e-mail address because I would like to get it and I am sure others will want it also. It might save you a lot of typing.

Thanks,

tj113

Petoonya, Great to hear that Alessandro worked out well for you. We also have him booked at the end of this month for a 3-1/2 hour drive from Florence to Civitavecchia to meet back up with our ship. He plans on taking us to a castle, typical Italian farm for wine tasting and a few towns and villages along the way including Siena.

We will also be using the services of his friend and new driver Roberto on our drive/tour from Livorno to Florence the day before. Roberto is studying and said to be very knowledgeable about the history of Florence, so this should add a lot of insight to the day.

I will be happy to post our experiences after our trip about these two tours and how well these gentlemen fared. From their emails they seem to be very knowledgeable, courteous and willing to please.

Ron

I am so sorry.

Ding dong with jet lag and right back to work and all.... and yeah Hap I SNAP AWAKE at 4 am.

Alessandro Cammilli- alecamma@hotmail.com

If you do a search there are some other recommendations of Alessandro- I found this gentleman originally right here on Cruise Critic if you would like other recommends.

The typical italian farm and castle will blow you away cruise 4 food! Oh the views- the charm. You won't want to leave. Curl up in a corner somewhere and become part of the scenery.

Best wishes everybody. I'm going back to sleep.

zzzzzzz :)

Archived