Beach by tender port?

lasnev

Hello you all!

After reading everything that was ever written about St. Thomas, San Juan, Amber Cove and Gran Turk,

and recent events in my home town, I am pretty much exhausted.

I did try to go through previous threads, wasn't very successful to find a pretty beach by the port.

Is there such a thing or what do you recommend not too far from there just to relax.

Is there anything historical/colonial close by, safe and worthy to visit.

Really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!!

There is no pretty beach by the tender pier in Belize City. Pier is in the city and Belize City is a working city not a tourist city. There is a man made beach called Cucumber Beach in an area known as Old Belize. Mainly used by locals and there is a marina attached. You can google it for details.

As far as historical/colonial sites: there's the lighthouse and statue and a colorful Belize sign just to your right outside the tender pier gate. Or take a horse drawn carriage tour through the city. It will stop at the old Anglican Church and the Cultural Museum across the street, which is housed in the old Governors Mansion. Lots of artifacts. You can see the yacht and the cannon on the parade ground as you come into the pier. Not far away at all, maybe a mile walk.

There is no pretty beach by the tender pier in Belize City. Pier is in the city and Belize City is a working city not a tourist city. There is a man made beach called Cucumber Beach in an area known as Old Belize. Mainly used by locals and there is a marina attached. You can google it for details.

As far as historical/colonial sites: there's the lighthouse and statue and a colorful Belize sign just to your right outside the tender pier gate. Or take a horse drawn carriage tour through the city. It will stop at the old Anglican Church and the Cultural Museum across the street, which is housed in the old Governors Mansion. Lots of artifacts. You can see the yacht and the cannon on the parade ground as you come into the pier. Not far away at all, maybe a mile walk.

Thank you so much for your concise and so helpful response....just what I was looking for:)