Has DCL historically done sales for Labor Day? Other holidays?

abaci

We are looking to book a cruise for October 2019 in the next few days. I'm curious if Disney tends to run sales for holidays/special days like Labor Day or Black Friday. Ive never sailed with DCL, but have sailed the other three mainstream lines (NCL, RCCL & CCL) which do sales near constantly. I guess I could probably cancel and re-book if a sale*comes a long, but with Labor Day right around the*corner I figured I'd ask to see if I should wait. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Forums mobile app

As above, NO regular sales on DCL. There are specials offered on cruises that are not selling--typically they are approximately the same rate as the day 1 release of the cruise, but have occasionally been significantly less. These are usually available at 75 days or less before the cruise, but again, there are rare exceptions when they may be announced 6 months or more before embarkation.

Historically, Disney tends to start out on day one of booking at higher rates than most cruise lines. In ten cruises, I have never seen them have "sales" like other cruise lines. They will sometimes offer rooms at guaranty prices where you get your room information closer to the cruise sailing date, but those are usually a month or two out from the cruise. The only way to get a decent price on Disney without the discounts listed for residents, military, etc. above, is to book on day one because even in a one-day period, their prices can skyrocket and then (for me) it becomes difficult to justify the pricing.