QM2 deck12 aft - aft of kennels - closed to passengers 24/7?

outlawuk

On QM2 deck 12, aft, above the Grills deck and below the crew deck and turbines there is a narrow deck from port to stbd which is a great place to watch departures from port in the evening, or to watch the ocean go by safely late at night. I saw a post-refit video that suggested the area is now closed to all but pet owners. Really? is this 24/7, or just during kennels opening hours? Just for transatlantic crossings? I ask as I am booked Soton to Sydney January 10th 2018 :D and notice rather a lot of deck space seems to be lost since the refit. I'm glad the sports centre nets have a home, albeit at the expense of yet more deck space.

Thanks, Dominic

There are no restrictions in that area when the ship is not carrying pets, so on a non-TA you should be able to roam freely.

I haven't been on a TA since before the refit but I think the area to which you refer is closed when there are pets up there.

If the kennels are in use on a sailing then yes, that deck 12 aft area will be closed 24/7.

A lot of deck 13 space was lost when the new cabins were added. However the roof of those cabins created a "deck 14". This is a popular viewing area during sail away and arrival into New York.