11am Flight From YVR?

I would like to say yes but it is extremely tight. Your ship is in at 7 am but I doubt that the first pax will be off before 8 am, you need to clear customs and get a cab allow a min of 30 mins and perhaps 45 mins. YVR is a full 30 mins from the terminals...you need to be at YVR a min of 2 hrs pre-flight time to clear customs and security...I wouldn't try it; but good luck.:)

There are a number of factors to consider. How many ships is port the day of arrival.

See http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php and select your

month of travel.

Taxis may or may not be readily available depending on demand and the terminal tou arrive

at. You could book a limosine for more assurance. 11:00 is really cutting it fine for

Vancouver. One service that could help is US Direct, if your cruise line and airline

participate. See http://yvr.ca/guide/around/onboard/index.asp .

If you have the option of a flight after 1:00pm, it would be adviseable to take it.

Try a search of this thread and the Alaska thread for YVR for more info.

I would never do before 12, preferably after 12.. you have no idea what the airport can be like on a cruise day! If you carry luggage off getting cab at the port can still be an issue.. change it if you can!

Very sage advice.:)

I would certainly not want to try it myself.

As stated, you don't mention what day or how many other ships will be disembarking at the same time as you.

You have to first clear Canada Customs, pick up your luggage, find a cab (sometimes not the easiest thing to do), navigate congested roads for quite a distance to YVR from the pier.

You then have to go through security at the airport and pre-clear U.S. customs - a procedure which could take up to a couple of hours.

Can you make it ? It's possible ...

Will you ? I sure wouldn't want to throw a wager onto that one ....

Good luck to you !

I'm on the Star Princess arriving in Vancouver on May 9th at 10 am. This time is later than the usual 7 or 8 am.

What would be a safe time for my return flight? I'm thinking after 2 or 3 pm. Any suggestions?

2 pm is probably pushing it just a tad...but 3 or later will very doable.:)

Archived