Boston Whale Watching on Embarkation Day

Gr8scotty

Has anyone ever tried to fit in a Whale watching excursion on embarkation day? We have a Bermuda cruise out of Boston in September and the idea really appeals to us. Unfortunately our schedules don't allow us to do this at the end of the cruise or the day prior to embarkation so was looking for feedback from those that may have done it. For reference The earliest time I see time I see for heading out on the whale watching boat is 10:30 AM and I think the location is relatively close to the cruise port. Thanks in advance for any information that you share.

we have done both , but never on the same day :O the biggest fear I would have it the whale watch boat getting into a pod of whales and getting distracted , and not getting back to the dock in time. and docks really are not close to each other so you'd have to figure in a cab & traffic across that part of town

WHIch whale watch company and from where are they sailing ? docked where?

Our thought was to fly in on Saturday the day before the cruise, stay the night at the Westin, then do whale watching with Bostonharborcruises.com at 1 Long Warf on the earliest departure which would be 10:00 AM on Sunday. I mistakenly thought the ealiest was 10:30.

We will probably take your advice and make it another time on a revisit to Boston. Feel free to offer any other must do's, or any other thoughts on what to do the Saturday before the cruise. I realize we probably cant fit much in, as our flight touches down at 2:30 PM. Even restauraunt or other hotel recommendations are appreciated in the cruise port area. Although we are not adverse to taking a bit of a cab ride either as we always try to cram as much as we can into our vacations.

Edited by Gr8scotty

Our thought was to fly in on Saturday the day before the cruise, stay the night at the Westin, then do whale watching with Bostonharborcruises.com at 1 Long Warf on the earliest departure which would be 10:00 AM on Sunday. I mistakenly thought the ealiest was 10:30.

We will probably take your advice and make it another time on a revisit to Boston. Feel free to offer any other must do's, or any other thoughts on what to do the Saturday before the cruise. I realize we probably cant fit much in, as our flight touches down at 2:30 PM. Even restauraunt or other hotel recommendations are appreciated in the cruise port area. Although we are not adverse to taking a bit of a cab ride either as we always try to cram as much as we can into our vacations.

Sounds like you have a good p lan now. :)

Legal Seafood is a good choice for seafood dinners. There a re several locations in Boston. Many locals dine in Legals often AND, of course, visitors do as well. Look on line and read their menu.