Ft Lauderdale to Miami

Mcdonaldbam

I am wondering if is reasonable possible to disembark a ship at Ft Lauderdale, catch a shuttle to a hotel where I left my car, drive to Miami, park at off site lot, catch their shuttle to cruise terminal in Miami. This would be happening on a Monday. My biggest concern is how long I might have to wait to catch the shuttle at Ft Lauderdale.

PE to hotel where you left your car is easy -- if the shuttle is taking long you can grab an Uber or taxi. Easy!

Driving FLL area to POM is easy - by the time you collect your car the worst of the rush hour will be over with; figure on 45+ minutes.

Parking off site in Miami is not suggested by any of the many locals who post on these boards; where are you planning to park? :confused: Parking at POM costs $22/day, but is covered, convenient and secure. Parking anywhere else in Miami will not be covered, will not be as convenient (garages at POM are about 100 yards from check-in), and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

Can you leave your car at the FLL hotel for two cruises? :confused: You can use UberX or standard Lyft to get from PE to POM for about $35-40, and another $35+ ride will get your back to your car after the Miami cruise. Or use shared shuttles (SAS, QLS, Go Airport, etc.) for $15 per person to get between FLL airport and POM -- hopefully the hotel where you are leaving your car has an airport shuttle.

Good luck with your planning. ;)