P&O Australia Cruise Sale

aussiedisneyfan

hi,

i did see the children sail free, but they were for jan. and still was $6000 which i dont think is a reduction.

do the prices seem like a bargain, i may need to get one(to go woth the other 4 i already have!!!)

Some seem to be cheap and others don't. For example we had a quote for the Sun cruise 18/1 for $1495 twin but this brochure shows $2181. Mind you, on our quote is was $1495 for twin but for quad it was $1700 lol.

The most expensive inside quad share on the Sun is $1473 for N632 11 nights 24/10/06.

The Sky asia cruises are all between $1845 and $1995 for 7 days and return flights.

The most expensive inside quad share on the Star is $1594 for R611 12 nights 25/3/06.

I think it is worth getting. We have booked our Jan cruise now and won't be going on another one next year but it doesn't hurt to look

aussiedisneyfan, can you please describe the cover of this brochure ? I have been to a few agents over the last few days and they all have that new brouchre covering Brisbane, Sydney, Melb and Auckland which only describes a 20% Sunsaver discount (the usual).

Can you please describe the 2 for 1 brochure you have ?

thanks,

Whoey.

It is equal to 3 a4 pages joined together lengthways. Trifold. Has Lisa C-K on front with big P&O and big up to (and even bigger) 2 for 1 sort of on Flags/bunting. It was released end July and is valid for bookings till 30/9.

Inside it calls it the 2006 season earlybirds specials. Is one page for each ship.

Jane

This sale is advertised in todays sydney telegraph. The prices for next year seem quite reasonable. They are also advertising reduced prices (in a different ad) for this years cruise.Even the one i am going on in sept which is school holidaysis cheaper. They also mention a dvd that is available from their website, I might have to go and check that pout too.

karon

Thanks for the info, I will hunt down a copy of that brochure.

On the P&O Website you can order a copy of the normal 2006 (thick) brochure and or download it in 3 parts as seperate PDF's.

They also have a DVD which you can post order - I did this on Wednesday hopefully get it in the mail next week..

cheers,

whoey.

The Sunday Sun Herald has an add in the travel section with some of the specials. It also has the front page of the brochure, at least you would know what you are looking for.

I also ordered the dvd. Last time I downloaded the brochures only the first section downloaded and none of the links worked.

I am looking at it now and I must say 40 and 50% off are VERY good deals !

If anyone is considering a 2006 cruise of the South pacific I would definately get my hands on this brochure as the standard thick brochure only talks about the 20% off standard discounts.

Whoey

Hi all, I booked my cruise on friday just gone through bestcruises.com.au. I suggest checking this site out as i have just booked an 11 night cruise in May 06. I booked an outside twin share cabin for just $1939.00 per person- this cruise was originally $3975.00 per person- the staff there are really helpful as well.:)

Wow I have never seen the suites on sale. We upgraded 1/2 way through last year to a balcony suite and it was fantastic. The price was too - $900 extra fin total for 3 of us for 5 nights.

I always look at the brochure and see $5000 per person and think I will never be staying in there. lol

Received the DVD today. Have only watched 5mins. Is a bit corny but shows good footage of the sun.

aussiedisneyfan.

can you fit a family of 4 in a suite with sofa bed, The extra room would be nice but as you say the price is very prohibitive.

i have watched "the great outdoors" show which i taped of the pacific sun several times. I get a real buzz from it as i have never cruised before.

Wow I have never seen the suites on sale. We upgraded 1/2 way through last year to a balcony suite and it was fantastic. The price was too - $900 extra fin total for 3 of us for 5 nights.

I always look at the brochure and see $5000 per person and think I will never be staying in there. lol

Received the DVD today. Have only watched 5mins. Is a bit corny but shows good footage of the sun.

Hi all, I was sent the DVD in the mail,never asked for it. I suppose because I am a past customer. I played it on slow as it was filmed during my cruise.I could make out myself and my 2 cousins in our hula skirts at the beach nite on deck above the pool. But it goes so fast that no one would pick it. Hope you all have great cruises,I can't wait for mine next year. Take me that long to save up for it.The cruise itself is good value,not much more than I paid for P Sun and a much bigger ship,just that airfare to Europe!!!

We were in a suite on the Sky last year. There is plenty of space for 4. Our room had a living area with a double sofa bed and then the bedroom with a queen sized bed. The "dressing room" felt as big as our original cabin.

I am not sure if there are other bedding configurations. There is certainly enough room for a rollaway, if they allow it.

The suites also have extras like: free lanyards, vip tender tickets (front of line pass) an itinerary for the whole cruise up front, you know when all the theme nights and dinners are at the beginning and also appetizers each night before dinner. We missed those each night because we were in the kids dinner before our meal.

Archived