p an o website feature

kaseyoz

i dont know if this is a new feature on the p and o website or i just havent seen it before. They have a cruise personaliser there with all your details on it, It even has a cabin number listed.

Has anyone seen this and is the cabin number fixed. I asked for a cabin in the middle of the ship (suppose to be less motion) and we have one right up the front. May be ok as we are away from the through traffic and lifts and dont have quad rooms next to us

cheers karon

Yes, it's a new feature - I think it only got added the on Monday or Tuesday of this week. I hope that the cabin number that they show is correct - as it puts us right where we want to be - midships.

The only thing you can't fix on the personaliser is the one thing we need to, they spelled my partners name wrong (despite being given the correct spelling), but it says you need to ring them to correct this. Also, you can't make payments on line either - so you still have to ring up to do that.

I guess its good to know there arent any major typo's or anything like that.

It seems a bit limited.. :rolleyes: maybe they will add other functionality later - like book tours, stuff like that.

cheers.

Have checked our cruise details and found some typos (as you call them).

My son has been put as a Miss and because we have a 5th rollaway for my 4 1/2yr old, he has his own booking number and they have him on a DIFFERENT DECK:eek: .

Kazza

oh now i am going back in to the personaliser thing to double check for spelling as my name is unusually spelt.

kazza, maybe they will give you two rooms.hope he doesnt get put in with a honeymoon couple.....lol

Its probably because the personaiser cant carry 5 names they just add his name elsewhere, hope so, maybe you should check it out with p and o.

karon

Yeah the P&O Computer system seems to have REAL problems with 5 berth bookings (requires 2 bookings) oh well...

Kazza, I hope your son doesnt have to sleep in the hallway of that other deck on a foldout bed... (lol)..

*sigh*

Thats pretty interesting. Does anybody know how accurate that will be?

We are leaving on the sun tomorrow and booked Riviera deck (Cat J) because we aren't the richest bunch of guys and it has us on upper / baja deck (Cat D - Outside - U217 right up the back).

The tickets don't have anything apart from Cat J, but I suppose they must just put the cheapskates where they will fit once the cruise is near? We only requested a outside cabin which it is.

Also, does this mean we get a window instead of a porthole (Is it possible we will have a back window as well?) ? Or are all the windows on the Sun the same size?

And "Non-Converting Twins" means single beds that can't be pushed together doesn't it?

(Wonder if I will get an answer by tomorrow :) If not I guess I will find out for myself)

Thanks for the answers aussiedisneyfan.

I suppose I will just have to wait till tomorrow to find out what the cabin looks like (seems to be a different shape to the others due to the corner).

I do plan on having a wonderful time, so I will let you all know how it goes.

Now, back to that packing.... I made a list, I checked it twice but I still know I will forget something. :)

Posting for the first time, next cruise N531 Exotic Ecsape, and have just read your comments.

I too have booked a 5 birth cabin, and like you they have given us two booking numbers.

The ironic thing about ours is that all od the childern and I are in a disable cabin, and my husband has been put elsewhere. The disable cabin was requested specifically for him.

Should be interesting to see what they do there, and what they do, cause when we first enquired they said that there cannot be 5 in a disabled cabin, but when we went to book they said no problems.

Not sure they have any ideas themselves. icon11.gif

Have checked our cruise details and found some typos (as you call them).

My son has been put as a Miss and because we have a 5th rollaway for my 4 1/2yr old, he has his own booking number and they have him on a DIFFERENT DECK:eek: .

Kazza

I think putting you as two bookings is just a clerical thing, i am sure you will all be in one room. They couldnt put one person in a room solo because the price is so expensive. when you check in at the port they will probably give you one room so make sure it is the disabled room.

Archived