Practical Travel Aff Carnival Post-email

mjwcpa

I've read many posts on travel rules, completing the travel aff. etc - especially as relates to unscheduled excursions. Planning on getting off ship, grabbing local guide or walking tour.

Seems the general advice is to fill out affidavit as P2P for least hassle getting off.

I recognize there is a "Support for the Cuban people" as a choice on the Guest Affidavit. Some older posts seemed to indicate that could be an issue.

My spouse is concerned something has changed about the Carnival acceptance of P2P without accompanying excursion specific info. Evidently there was a "clarifying" email sent out in mid July by Carnival.

Are there any recent Carnival travelers that can speak to the current system and examination of the travel affidavit?

Returned today from Cuba on the paradise. there is a new one page form they are using in Tampa. We selected "support the cuban people". Had a private tour with Blixie. In Tampa, they were quickly reviewing the forms. Told us to fill out the VISA forms correctly or they will be invalid and you will need a replacement for $75. I wrote the wrong information on one of the VISA lines, but the agent in Cuba really did not review that form in detail. I was apprehensive about the extra steps and found it to be less intense than portrayed. I think the miss is the extra time. It takes a long time to get off the ship in Cuba day 1. Day 2 was a breeze. Back in Tampa, it adds hours to debarkation when returning home.

Cuba was worth the extra steps.

Blexie tours "Jorge" was fantastic and a fraction of the price of Carnival excursions.