Oasis- just returned from a fabulous week!

cpannkuk

Hello all!

Just a quick review here but ask any questions!

This was my 5th cruise with RC and 11th cruise overall.

My DH- 35, me 34, and another couple early 30s.

Fabulous overall! Great staff! Great waiter- Darvin! Very good food in main dining room. Fabulous food at Chops but poor service. (Remi was the waiters name)

Speciality restaurants-

Chops great food poor service compared to other experiences.

$35 cover charge ImageUploadedByForums1422242451.452387.jpg.406d6b5c781118e7f7980a4da015d208.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422242487.452850.jpg.e671cd0d9faf6a7a9f573b0c19e8333d.jpg

Izumi- new sushi and hibachi- food was good. Sushi was great, hibachi was ok. Service was awesome.

$25-$30 cover charge

Johnny Rockets was fine. Good food

Free breakfast or min charge for lunch

Sabor- Mexican- this was awesome! Great quac made at your table for $4... Do not miss it! Good food!

ImageUploadedByForums1422242545.432713.jpg.dd4d9a135aaf17d71847a033d97a1285.jpg[

ATTACH]338053[/ATTACH]

Make sure you go to the park cafe and get the roast beef sandwiches and made to order salads!!! This was of the best things in the ship!! ImageUploadedByForums1422242750.987198.jpg.188ae449799858e68ac5fb34dc22f97f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422242844.750622.jpg.ec60dae96a1c44a5aee20ad8c39984be.jpg

Great hard ice cream and cupcakes! Charge of around $3 for a large cone.

Ports--

(I had been to all of these ports a few times)

Labadee-

A day at the beach!

Beautiful beaches on a peninsula. Some shade, chairs available, you can rent float mats for $15. The cabanas are for suite guests I think. They looked nice.

There is a "artesian village" basically a small area with some stands for shopping. Didn't spend time here because I have "been there and done that"

Very good BBQ style lunch provided by royal c. Very good!!!

(Amazing looking zip line over the beach and water, rail coaster and water slide)

Fallmouth--- my least favorite by far!

I might have just stayed on the ship. Or gone to by a day pass for an all inclusive to visit for the day.

Small town far from everything. Our taxi ride to Ocho Rios was $115 and 75 mins. Our driver said it was $50-60 and 30 mins to monte go bay.

Let me say I have been to Jamaica many times and I don't like it. Dirty place with scary pushy salespeople (of course there is an exception to every rule!!! There are also fabulous people) unless I am forced I will not go back

Cozumel- favorite spot and hot tip of the day!

Ok first of all I looked on here a ton before going because I had no plans for Cozumel! Our intention was to get a taxi to paradise beach for the day.

Well, as we were walking out of the pier area I said to my husband let's see how much it is to rent a car! Always one of our favorite things to do and most of the time very cheap compared to getting a taxi. It was $60. We went for it! It would have cost us around $25-30 to taxi it each way and this way we could explore more . We needed to find a cash machine and pulled over at Carlos and Charles where we found our little slice of beautiful and cheap beach!! It was only 2 doors down from paradise beach but they don't have a min or a cover charge and it is the same beach. A bucket of beer was around $20 and great chairs, tables and uumbrellas. ImageUploadedByForums1422243850.154534.jpg.58e1640c2edbbf7da8e4e0a33e3ae3a6.jpg

We then drove around the island and that was awesome!!! Must see is coconuts! Gorgeous beaches that are quiet on that side. I would say rocky and wavy too.

The ship-

Amazing. Huge!!!!!! Lots of "ra ra" we are largest ship talk from staff.

This ship is almost too big. I loved it but it took a long time to get from place to place. Central Park is beautiful and quiet. It is where a lot of specialty dining is.

Promenade looks like a larger version found on many other ships.

Boardwalk with the aqua theater on one end is cool.

Entertainment-

Great!!!!! Great shows-

Come fly with me- aerial show awesome!

Ice show- frozen in time- awesome!

High diving show- awesome but short

Cats- great but remember is it very long. It is the full Broadway show.

Comedy show--- adult only--- Best Show of the week!!!! This is not for easy offended people but was so hilarious! Great A++

Karaoke was funny and fun to watch

My only negative comment was there is not any casual entertainment. There was no where for a small group of 30s to hang out at a bar and be entertained after 11pm. Sure the night club is open at 11:30 but that was a very young crowd. I am referring to the dualing pianos on many of the ship or something like that.... Maybe a triva bar or something. We didn't want to go to bed until around 1 or 2am but didn't want to gamble and didn't want to "club". Again casual entertainers. Tons of formal shows and entertainment

Feel free to ask questions! ! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1422242472.312610.jpg.7b2371496216e81912cfb1074eb0cb28.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422242528.473817.jpg.22293f765e7d88b7e4389bd2c2a0b92c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422242623.971837.jpg.d0286034a5a985153b20475b7a7d16b0.jpg

Oh one more thing--

They now have a unlimited wifi package which cost us $180. This includes two devices!!! This was so well worth the money because my husband and I always have to check in with work. And better yet, turn your phone to airplane mode and hook up to the wi fi and you can text each other to see where the other person is, along with face timing anyone from home and audio FaceTime to make phone calls to home!

This was a great deal for us!!! With small children at home, this was a huge stress reliever knowing we could check in face to face!

Hello all!

Just a quick review here but ask any questions!

This was my 5th cruise with RC and 11th cruise overall.

My DH- 35, me 34, and another couple early 30s.

Fabulous overall! Great staff! Great waiter- Darvin! Very good food in main dining room. Fabulous food at Chops but poor service. (Remi was the waiters name)

Speciality restaurants-

Chops great food poor service compared to other experiences.

$35 cover charge [ATTACH]338048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]338049[/ATTACH][ATTACH]338050[/ATTACH]

Izumi- new sushi and hibachi- food was good. Sushi was great, hibachi was ok. Service was awesome.

$25-$30 cover charge

Johnny Rockets was fine. Good food

Free breakfast or min charge for lunch

Sabor- Mexican- this was awesome! Great quac made at your table for $4... Do not miss it! Good food!

[ATTACH]338051[/ATTACH][ATTACH]338052[/ATTACH][

ATTACH]338053[/ATTACH]

Make sure you go to the park cafe and get the roast beef sandwiches and made to order salads!!! This was of the best things in the ship!! [ATTACH]338054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]338055[/ATTACH]

Great hard ice cream and cupcakes! Charge of around $3 for a large cone.

Ports--

(I had been to all of these ports a few times)

Labadee-

A day at the beach!

Beautiful beaches on a peninsula. Some shade, chairs available, you can rent float mats for $15. The cabanas are for suite guests I think. They looked nice.

There is a "artesian village" basically a small area with some stands for shopping. Didn't spend time here because I have "been there and done that"

Very good BBQ style lunch provided by royal c. Very good!!!

(Amazing looking zip line over the beach and water, rail coaster and water slide)

Fallmouth--- my least favorite by far!

I might have just stayed on the ship. Or gone to by a day pass for an all inclusive to visit for the day.

Small town far from everything. Our taxi ride to Ocho Rios was $115 and 75 mins. Our driver said it was $50-60 and 30 mins to monte go bay.

Let me say I have been to Jamaica many times and I don't like it. Dirty place with scary pushy salespeople (of course there is an exception to every rule!!! There are also fabulous people) unless I am forced I will not go back

Cozumel- favorite spot and hot tip of the day!

Ok first of all I looked on here a ton before going because I had no plans for Cozumel! Our intention was to get a taxi to paradise beach for the day.

Well, as we were walking out of the pier area I said to my husband let's see how much it is to rent a car! Always one of our favorite things to do and most of the time very cheap compared to getting a taxi. It was $60. We went for it! It would have cost us around $25-30 to taxi it each way and this way we could explore more . We needed to find a cash machine and pulled over at Carlos and Charles where we found our little slice of beautiful and cheap beach!! It was only 2 doors down from paradise beach but they don't have a min or a cover charge and it is the same beach. A bucket of beer was around $20 and great chairs, tables and uumbrellas. [ATTACH]338060[/ATTACH]

We then drove around the island and that was awesome!!! Must see is coconuts! Gorgeous beaches that are quiet on that side. I would say rocky and wavy too.

The ship-

Amazing. Huge!!!!!! Lots of "ra ra" we are largest ship talk from staff.

This ship is almost too big. I loved it but it took a long time to get from place to place. Central Park is beautiful and quiet. It is where a lot of specialty dining is.

Promenade looks like a larger version found on many other ships.

Boardwalk with the aqua theater on one end is cool.

Entertainment-

Great!!!!! Great shows-

Come fly with me- aerial show awesome!

Ice show- frozen in time- awesome!

High diving show- awesome but short

Cats- great but remember is it very long. It is the full Broadway show.

Comedy show--- adult only--- Best Show of the week!!!! This is not for easy offended people but was so hilarious! Great A++

Karaoke was funny and fun to watch

My only negative comment was there is not any casual entertainment. There was no where for a small group of 30s to hang out at a bar and be entertained after 11pm. Sure the night club is open at 11:30 but that was a very young crowd. I am referring to the dualing pianos on many of the ship or something like that.... Maybe a triva bar or something. We didn't want to go to bed until around 1 or 2am but didn't want to gamble and didn't want to "club". Again casual entertainers. Tons of formal shows and entertainment

Feel free to ask questions! ! Thanks!

We will be on the Oasis with our 7 year old grandson this June. Now that dynamic dining has been postponed indefinitely, we are currently scheduled for My time dining. Do you know how we will be assigned a complimentary restaurant each evening, will it be the same one each night etc??? Thanks for your time!

Under the My Time Dining, could we be assigned to the Grande each evening??

I honestly don't know. I don't care for my time dining so we didn't do that. Our waiter was Darvin and we loved him!!

TImageUploadedByForums1422302907.646421.jpg.4dd91f8bc5163ccb6959df3adb6b4675.jpg

Another thing I forgot to mention that was new! I love this added feature!!!!

These cards are given to all crown and anchor members. They are small cards that you have the opportunity to hand out to the very best 2 staff members who you think that did something "outstanding" throughout the week. We gave ours to our main Waiter. He was thrilled and said that they get bonuses from these. I also heard that it will help when it comes to raises and promotions.

Great idea!!! We received two.

T[ATTACH]338126[/ATTACH]

Another thing I forgot to mention that was new! I love this added feature!!!!

These cards are given to all crown and anchor members. They are small cards that you have the opportunity to hand out to the very best 2 staff members who you think that did something "outstanding" throughout the week. We gave ours to our main Waiter. He was thrilled and said that they get bonuses from these. I also heard that it will help when it comes to raises and promotions.

Great idea!!! We received two.

Great review, I love your positive spin on things....

So now I get to be negative...why would they not give those to all guests? Does the fact you are a Crown member someone mean your recognition of the staff is more important than me, a first time cruiser (with RCI)?

Just odd...on Princess they have those cards too, and they give them to everyone, and you can pick up more at Guest services.

Thanks for your great review~!

When you say two devices, does that mean two devices at a time or only two devices period?

I have 3 devices that I use and my husband has 2. On prior Oasis cruise we were able to take turns and switch between devices, plus let another couple check their email. Never at the same time but always using the same userid and password.

Anyone can pick up as many WOW cards as wanted from Guest Services.

That is good to know!! I was not aware of this. Just reporting what I was told. I never went to guest services.

I'm going on a smaller RC ship in October. One of the reasons I'm excited about my cruise is that the ship has terrific sea views in practically all the public areas. Does the Oasis (and Allure) have good sea views in its public areas?

There are some areas but no, I wouldn't say the view was great. I was glad to have an ocean view balcony

When you say two devices, does that mean two devices at a time or only two devices period?

I have 3 devices that I use and my husband has 2. On prior Oasis cruise we were able to take turns and switch between devices, plus let another couple check their email. Never at the same time but always using the same userid and password.

2 device at a time. We had five total and switched between them.