Recent Solstice cruisers- give us an update on luggage searching

cruiztime

Do you mean searched at the cruise port? If that has been done, I have not been aware of it. Anyone else? If they do this, do they leave a notice like the TSA does at the airports?

My luggage (2 pcs. unlocked) was opened and searched by TSA somewhere between south Texas and Fort Lauderdale (via Houston) in February. My luggage is almost always searched when I fly - perhaps because I don't lock it:confused:, perhaps because I am coming from the border area.;) Nothing has ever disappeared, but then I don't put anything of value in my checked bags.

Doris

I have not had my luggage searched at Port Everglades, but are you asking about luggage that's being screened by the ship? Some have reported an increase of being called to the "bad room" when the screeners believe they're seeing hidden bottles of booze.

Or are you asking about the US Custom's agents doing a random check of luggage when you're leaving the ship? I have noticed that the Custom's agents seem to be pulling more passengers out of line and taking them aside to go through their bags.

I, for one, am pleased to see that X is doing a good job of removing contraband items such as booze and irons, etc from luggage. I believe that passengers know these items are not to be taken on board, but do so anyhow, hoping that they will not be found and removed:mad:

Does Celebrity request you not lock your luggage?

No, actually the request that you lock your bags. I guess if they see something on the xray that they don't like, you'll hear your name called and will have to report to the "bad passenger room" to open them up and have security check things out. I've heard from a few passengers that X is being very vigilant on checking for hidden booze.

Mrach 14 2010 sailing they emptied 1 flask of crown royal from my checked luggae, and left a note and my bag a mess. the other bag was fine. They also took my Aunts travel iron from her checked luggage and left a note...

Were the bags locked?

Archived