Anyone done a pre cruise stay in Malta before Oceana?

Presto2

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done a one or 2 night stay at the Grand Hotel Excelsior in Malta before their cruise on Oceana. We are tempted to do this but are wondering if a) we can book a harbour room at the hotel or if we are facing the other way and b) what the flights are like. We would be going from Manchester and are edgy about ending up with having to stop on the way somewhere or change.

Thanks for any help :-)

We are staying there in 10 days time. Booked the hotel through booking website as P and O had used their allocation. We have part sea view room. They arranged our flights via Air Malta for a supplementary charge, but that is from LGW!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're flying out from Manchester to Malta a few days ahead of our next cruise. P and O sorted us flights with Lufthansa for a small supplement - we have a short stop in Frankfurt which is slightly less convenient in that we lose a bit of time and have to board etc twice, but will be nice to stretch legs and use a proper loo mid journey!

We’re heading out the day before our cruise and staying for 3 nights after. We booked our own BA flights from Gatwick and booked Grand Excelsior for half the price that P&O charge. We also got £400 off the cost of the cruise for taking the flights off. Staying in Sliema after the cruise. If you like a bit more independence and want to stay longer then this is one way of doing it.

We’re heading out the day before our cruise and staying for 3 nights after. We booked our own BA flights from Gatwick and booked Grand Excelsior for half the price that P&O charge. We also got £400 off the cost of the cruise for taking the flights off. Staying in Sliema after the cruise. If you like a bit more independence and want to stay longer then this is one way of doing it.

Thanks, will have a look at that. There seem to be a number of airlines doing Malta from Manchester so we could try it ourselves as we have done this before a number of times with Celebrity. Just to check re the £400 - was that for a 7 or 14 night cruise? (Then again it may not make a difference..)

Thanks, will have a look at that. There seem to be a number of airlines doing Malta from Manchester so we could try it ourselves as we have done this before a number of times with Celebrity. Just to check re the £400 - was that for a 7 or 14 night cruise? (Then again it may not make a difference..)

It was 7 nights for 2 adults and a child. We are cruising “off season” right after the Easter school holiday which, I think, is one of the reasons for the discount. At the time of booking, last year, I checked peak cruises and there was no discount offered for removing the flights.

It was 7 nights for 2 adults and a child. We are cruising “off season” right after the Easter school holiday which, I think, is one of the reasons for the discount. At the time of booking, last year, I checked peak cruises and there was no discount offered for removing the flights.

Thanks - we are stuck with school holidays due to the job/s and when we tried to get a deal with no flights etc they wouldn't give us anything at all. Not really fair, but they know that they have us over a barrel as we have to go at set times. Oh well.:(