NEW CRUISE DIRECTOR PACIFIC SUN-Dan Styne

Truebliss72

Well when we got to the Isle of Pines our cruise director "Shone Ballantyne" left to fly to Italy to have to ceremony for the Pacific Sun inaugaral tour. Sorry cant spell. She was really nice.

The new cruise director on the Sun is Dan Styne and OH MY GOSH! Well he is one who will make you almost wet yourself with laughter. He is the funniest bugger I have ever heard. He made everyone laugh so much we couldnt wait to see him every night. He is great so he is worth a trip to listen to . Add DEMO to the equation and WHAMMO! your in for a treat!

doe he still tell the joke about the guy who give really cheap food and drink in noumea. james ibrihim tells the same jokes as dan. dans very popular with the old chicks. james ibrihim got off pacific sky last week so i wonder who is director on sky. i much prefer the intro to the floorshow by the cruise director than the actual show, if i see gday gday again i think i will jump off and swim home

Claudio - I've seen G'Day G'Day twice now and sort of agree with you, although the two shows were slightly different. Unfortunately the second time I saw it they didn't do my favourite song from the first one - the combined Boys From the Bush/Girls Night Out medley. Also - "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" wasn't done as well the second time, it wasn't as moving, but I put that down to the less intimate feel of the show lounge on Pacific Sun compared to the show lounge on Pacific Sky.

Yes, I know, another Pacific Sky/Pacific Sun comparison :D

Kym

doe he still tell the joke about the guy who give really cheap food and drink in noumea. james ibrihim tells the same jokes as dan. dans very popular with the old chicks. james ibrihim got off pacific sky last week so i wonder who is director on sky. i much prefer the intro to the floorshow by the cruise director than the actual show, if i see gday gday again i think i will jump off and swim home

Don't remember the curry one.. But he did do his rolex watch PA announcent on both cruises I've been on with him as Deputy Cruise director.

I've been on two cruises, and have always had Shona & Demo as cruise directors, and I belive on our next cruise on Pacific Star they will be there again! I will have never done a cruise that hasn't 'directed' by Shona & Demo!

Kym

Did Demo tell his curry story. That is sooooooooo funny.

Hi All,

Dan is an old hand at cruise directing. I think his father was a cruise director as well. He was our first cruise director about 7 years ago. Dan was on the Sun when we went in Sept and told us that Shona & Demo would both be on the Star. I think the deputy we had in Sept was a guy called Mark (who wasn't really all that great, sorry Mark!).

One of the girls put pins in her bra during the cast skit ("If I was not upon the sea!") and poor Dan got a spike every time he went beep beep! I think her name was Carly and she was hilarious. She was one of the best cruise staff we have ever met.

We have also had Shona & Demo (I heard a rumour they got married, does anyone know!?!). Demo does a fantastic bingo and the two of them on the morning show is priceless!

Even though I have heard a lot of Dan & Demo's jokes before, they always make me laugh. In fact I get two chuckles, the one when I remember what is coming and the one I get when the punch line is actually delivered.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Carly was on Pacific Sun on our cruise in June - she was great fun, even though by the end of the cruise she had nearly lost her voice.

Haven't heard the rumour about Shona & Demo, but it wouldn't suprise me. I loved the morning show they did on Pacific Sun's in-cabin TV on our cruise in June.

One of the girls put pins in her bra during the cast skit ("If I was not upon the sea!") and poor Dan got a spike every time he went beep beep! I think her name was Carly and she was hilarious. She was one of the best cruise staff we have ever met.

We have also had Shona & Demo (I heard a rumour they got married, does anyone know!?!). Demo does a fantastic bingo and the two of them on the morning show is priceless!

I am sure it was Carly doing the crew song as well. She really punched Dan in the balls and he cried as I said before. Sorry but she got of the cruise this time. I was standing next to her in the transit lounge. Although she did mention to another lady she was meeting on another cruise in a few months time.

i finish my contract length on pacific sun just as he was going onto the pacific princess for the around australia 30 day cruise. my question is that i want to know whether or not he did the schoolies cruise this year as i have been unable to contact him and i dont know if he is at sea or on land.

Hey does anyone know who the cruise director is on the schoolies cruises this year or previous years? tootles

i don't actually know if he is going on the schoolies cruises because last year it was demo and this year he had just finished an around australia cruise and wasnt sure if it was then his break or he had another few cruises to go.

Lulu,

Your question is very confusing. In one you ask does anyone know who was the cruise director in previous years and then the next you say it was Demo last year. I have to admit to being very confused and a little suspicious that you do not work for P&O.

Cheers,

Lulu,

Your question is very confusing. In one you ask does anyone know who was the cruise director in previous years and then the next you say it was Demo last year. I have to admit to being very confused and a little suspicious that you do not work for P&O.

Cheers,

I only stated that as last year demo and i were on it and i had no idea about previous cruises, since i only started in july of 2004. one of my friends has been on a cruise with myself and dan this year in spetember o sun and she loved it he made it fun. i dunno she lyked his swing on things i supose and was asking me as i am currently on my break whether or not he did the schoolies cruises. therefore i was unsure if he had always done them or demo did them or they changed each year as i am not on the ones currently going and have not been in contact with anyone from the cruise line since i began my break in october

Lulu,

Just wondering how you found out about Cruise Critic? I think it is great for staff to read & have a say. I cruised in Sept on the Sun and I would have seen you dancing. I hope you weren't the one who's top split open? Were you one of the ones who got really sick on the last day when we had the GF11 winds and freak wave?

Cheers,

i actually had to spend most of those two cruises the one with the high winds and yes the 'freak wave' and the following one in the medical centre due to an "inflammed stomach lining" i know thats gross but yeh i had a bug so i was isolated. and when that wave hit cause we were down the bottom we did get as much of a rock as the higher decks but we certainly felt it.

most cruises coming back into sydney this year have actually had alot of bad weather. fallon and lyndse were the ones that got sic from the motion but still we and did the shows they are so dedicated.

Archived