Pacific Star First Cruise

chaz cruiser

Is anyone going on the Pacific Star's first cruise (R601) departing Brisbane on the 28th of December? I know that Davoni was disappointed with the original first cruise being cancelled but don't think we have anyone online on the new first cruise?

I'm hoping we have someone who can come online while they are onboard and give us some tips before we leave on the 9th of Jan!! Then again if I am the first I can entertain you all with tales of our adventure on the "new" ship! I am feeling a little more confident that our cruise shouldn't be cancelled with the ship now travelling through the Suez on her way here!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hey Chaz,

First, if you do get online when you are onboard, I would like to know if they sell the underwater camera's. Keepcruising bought one on the Sun for about $25 including processing and they are reusable. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Second, info about the cruise card cashup and who is the cruise director etc.

Thanks

I am getting very very excited only 21 days to go :D

I see on the webcam this morning the star is still in Suez but she is still moving,:) I hope she makes brisbane by the 28th, otherwise we will be Very disappointed AGAIN. We have received our tickets and also received an upgrade yesterday. I was told that the ship has changed it's color scheme, raised the pool level by a foot, to make it deeper, refurbished the cabins, and sound proofed Baja deck as it sits under the show lounge.

As for the cruise card, on embarkment you will recieve a $300.00 credit on all adult paying fares.

Is anyone else going on R601 ?

Cheers Mouse:)

Pacific Star - R601 December 2005

Oriana - February 1984

I thought there was someone going on the first cruise and it was you, whitemouse. :-)

Spoke to P&O on the weekend and they assured me the ship was on track for its first sailing. What cabin did you get upgraded to?

Look forward to any comments you have from your cruise.

Jane

I am getting very very excited only 21 days to go :D

I see on the webcam this morning the star is still in Suez but she is still moving,:) I hope she makes brisbane by the 28th, otherwise we will be Very disappointed AGAIN. We have received our tickets and also received an upgrade yesterday. I was told that the ship has changed it's color scheme, raised the pool level by a foot, to make it deeper, refurbished the cabins, and sound proofed Baja deck as it sits under the show lounge.

As for the cruise card, on embarkment you will recieve a $300.00 credit on all adult paying fares.

Cheers Mouse:)

Hi Mouse,

I am going on R602. Any chance you plan to pop in to CC to say a quick hello while onboard with some tips and first impressions? Also the cruise card system has apparently changed. According to the literature we have received you now can continue to use the card and just pay the balance at the end of the cruise on your credit card. Will be interesting to see in reality how it actually works though.

I'm sure she will make it to Oz no problem by the 28th. I am actually flying out of Brisbane on the 28th and hope to look over the rail of the Gateway and see her sitting at the dock.

Cheers,

I am getting very very excited only 21 days to go

I see on the webcam this morning the star is still in Suez but she is still moving, I hope she makes brisbane by the 28th, otherwise we will be Very disappointed AGAIN. We have received our tickets and also received an upgrade yesterday. I was told that the ship has changed it's color scheme, raised the pool level by a foot, to make it deeper, refurbished the cabins, and sound proofed Baja deck as it sits under the show lounge.

Cheers Mouse

Oriana - February 1984

Hi Mouse,

We are on R617 ~ not till May 13th ~ but was wondering what cabin you originally got and what cabin was the upgrade to? If you don't mind sharing that is.

I am praying for an upgrade and was curious to see where you were originally and where they put you.

I just know you will be having a blast this New Years Eve. You have every right to be excited.

Thanks a lot

ibe7uq.gifibe7uq.gifibe7uq.gifibe7uq.gifibe7uq.gif

Hi wanting feedback on P/star from Brisbane going to tropical Qld. Going Oct 06 need to know if people were seasick, or is the cruising smooth as you are travelling up the coast? Good for kids 4 & under? Actually any feedback would be appreciated.:D

We got an upgrade from a Caribe inside cabin to a Baja outside cabin. At least that is what our tickets say. I don't think you really know until you arrive at the ship but I would hope they can't give us less than what our tickets say now!

Historically the $300 credit was required to be repaid in the first 2-3 days after sailing then you had to put money (cash or credit card) onto your card to repay the $300 and for future expenses. After the first few days your card would not work if you did not have a balance on it. Apparently they are changing how it works so that you can keep using your card and just racking up a bill to be paid with one credit card transaction at the end of the cruise. Will let you all know how it now works when we go on in Jan (just a little over a month to go!!!!).

Cheers,

Hi we went on the Sky up to North Qld in October and it was very smooth - no seasickness at all. I don't know about the Star but the Sky has a great kids club for 3 upwards with lots of activities - all the kids seemed to enjoy it.

LMH

Your answer to the question about upgrades for R601, there are four of us, in one cabin on Baja deck and they gave us two outside cabins on Baja.

I don't know if this is a good upgrade or not cause this is my first cruise (can't remember the other one) , but I think it's great to have the extra room and shower.:cool: As for checking out CC and other things I'll try to get same fed back posted while I'm out there.

:) Cheers Mouse

Oriana - February 1984

That sounds like a great upgrade, one quad to two twins. Chaz would love an upgrade like that so she didn't have to climb onto the top bunk and believe me so would her poor old mother and aunt who spend half of the cruise each in the other top bunk.

Yay, I picked up the tickets today. They show the cabin that is on the personaliser 5083. Think that is pretty good since we booked ships choice. They didn't split the cabin but that is ok.

Didn't get the shore tour booking form or details of the tours being offered, just the standard brochure.

That sounds like a great upgrade, one quad to two twins. Chaz would love an upgrade like that so she didn't have to climb onto the top bunk and believe me so would her poor old mother and aunt who spend half of the cruise each in the other top bunk.

I don't have too much trouble getting up. It's getting down that I struggle with. Once I get a good escape route I am right although I am at the mercy of every one else in the cabin because usually I need them to bring me over a chair to step on. I don't have as much trouble as Mum who fell down the ladder last time. But I think that she just jumped when she got to the bottom so we would feel sorry for her and not make her climb up. Then again it worked so why now!!!

Does anyone else have any funny stories about getting up on the bunks in the cabins??

Cheers,

I don't have too much trouble getting up. It's getting down that I struggle with. Once I get a good escape route I am right although I am at the mercy of every one else in the cabin because usually I need them to bring me over a chair to step on. I don't have as much trouble as Mum who fell down the ladder last time. But I think that she just jumped when she got to the bottom so we would feel sorry for her and not make her climb up. Then again it worked so why now!!!

Does anyone else have any funny stories about getting up on the bunks in the cabins??

Cheers,

i never realised there was a ladder :eek: always climbed on the matress, ended up waking the person on the matress up lol oops.. after a while i decided 2 sleep on the floor.. then mum told me there was a ladder.. felt like such an idiot lol

congratulations on getting your tickets jane. You must be so excited now.

Luvving u 2 . the ladders are usually just inside the cabin door, but if you leave them on the bed during the day they take up all the room.

I have often wondered how some of the older folk get on when they share cabins.

Maybe that is why the pacific star has some with 3 single beds at ground level

Our daughter went head first off them on our first cruise. She was being silly. Only a small bump, hubby was the one bleeding from the glass that smashed when she fell. The cabin staff didn't clean it all up and he was walking barefoot he found a piece with his foot.

congratulations on getting your tickets jane. You must be so excited now.

I am very excited. Was told to stop talking about it and do some work today. As I mentioned somewhere else we didn't get the shore tours booking form or a list of available tours with our documentation. Our travel agent got a list of the codes so I have just been matching them up with the booklet and Keepcruisings price list.

Aussiedisneyfan, it's funny how you quickly become a bore to other people isn't it when talking about your upcoming cruise.:D :D :D I am sure people just wish I would shut up when I talk about 'going on a cruise.' Let me tell you, it is worse when you get back, people start avoiding you alltogether then.:confused: Friends of ours are on the Sky at the moment heading back to Auckland. They won their cruise and I cannot wait untill Sunday when I am going to ring them. I have been following their progress on that map site that someone posted on here. I am still trying to wangle a trip on the Sky in Jan. Looks like it might happen yet.:D I want to go on the Sky one more time before she heads off to Asia.

Aussiedisneyfan, it's funny how you quickly become a bore to other people isn't it when talking about your upcoming cruise.:D :D :D I am sure people just wish I would shut up when I talk about 'going on a cruise.'

Try going on one only three months after you come back from one! When I say I am going on holidays in a few weeks people ask where. When I respond a cruise, the usual response 99.9% of the time is "another one"... My response is usually, "it's still only one per year it's just that the 2005 one was in Sept and the 2006 one is in Jan!!!!

Cheers,

Archived