Guaranteed inside

dahliabanks

Yes, they are worth it. Carnival does not assign the 1A bunk bed cabins as gty. EM

I would agree! We book inside GTYs all the time. We usually get something in CAT 4. There are a few sub catagories in 4. They are the same cabin in a different location, so a 4A is the same as a 4E, except location. Sometimes these "upgrades" aren't that great as the higher letters are on a higher deck, so it might ride rougher.

Joe<----Like my cabin low and midship! :D

Way back on my first cruise (Carnival Holiday), I took Dramamine with me, but never had to use it. There are MANY ways that people fight seasickness. The Purser's desk usually had Bomine abailable. This works for lots of people. Some say that Ginger helps seasickness too. I guess that I'm lucky, after 42 cruises I've never been seasick (yet!). :o

Joe<----Oasis this weekend! :D

• 2 weeks later...

"Worth" is 100% subjective. No one but you can determine what the cabin is "worth" to you.

If you don't suffer from motion sickness, chances are you won't suffer from seasickness. If everyone who sails got seasick, it wouldn't be nearly so popular!

But be prepared, just in case. If you go with a guarantee, and end up in the bow with rough seas, you could need some meds.

There are a gazillion threads (or just Google it) on seasick remedies. What works for one person doesn't work as well for another - sort of like cabin selections! ;)

I do have motion sickness issues so prefer to select my cabin. I go for lower deck, midship. Those cost only minimally more than a guarantee. I take Ginger Root capsules starting 2 days prior to sailing and take 1/2 Bonine when I board, then I see how I'm feeling. Usually have a sea day the first full day, so if I don't have any problems that day, I usually drop the Bonine and just continue the Ginger.

hey so i booked inside gty with NCL for march 2013 and was assigned 5535 will that change since the cruise is still 6 months away?

If you have a cabin assigned to you already, I doubt that it will change. The only way that it could would be if they "needed" that cabin for some reason, but you never know!

Joe<-----Just got off the Oasis last week!

oh ok i called NCL and United to see how much it would be to upgrade to a balcony but the difference was like 1800.00 which is too much so maybe someone has empathy for me and switches it that would make my day but if not ill be content in 5535!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, they are worth it. Carnival does not assign the 1A bunk bed cabins as gty. EM

I hope your right abut Carnival not assigning 1A gty bookings an upper and a lower. I have no assignment yet on the Victory other then a 1A gty and I dont want to tell the wife about the bunk beds.

I hope your right abut Carnival not assigning 1A gty bookings an upper and a lower. I have no assignment yet on the Victory other then a 1A gty and I dont want to tell the wife about the bunk beds.

On most Carnival ships, there are only a handful 1a cabins. We've had some single members of our group actually get a 1a, but they usually get "upgraded" to one of the CAT 4 insides.

Joe<-------Has had my share of those! :o

• 5 weeks later...
Do you have any pointers about not getting seasick? i'm not even sure if i will, but i suppose you cant be too careful

I find Phenergan is great. Make sure you take it at night. Can make you a bit drowsy but I'm an insomniac anyway so appreciate the great night sleep it gives me. The other thing with any sea-sickness meds is to start taking them before you need them ie start taking them the night before you sail and you won't have an issue. If you wait to you're ill, it's too late. If you're really loathe to take pharmaceuticals you could try the wristbands. I have friends who swear by them but I'll stick with the tried and tested. Good luck.:)

Archived