My suite has been assigned!

CruisinMatt

Matt,

Enjoy that hot tub on deck 5. Depends on the sailing sometimes no one is there and other times it has a very small crowd (10 people).

Whatever you do enjoy your Seabourn Experience.

mcboo:):):)

P.S. Denyse you enjoy too as I know you will.

McBoo,

So, why aren't you joining us?????????? Would love to meet you!

Denyse

Denyse,

Would love to join all of you. However our schedules will not permit it.

My partner's children are taking us to Aruba during that time.

Guess where I would rather be.

As you know Seabourn has a very loyal clientele and I know we will eventually meet if we haven't already.

As you know unless you plan to meet ahead of time you may not know each other unless the topic at the skybar goes to Cruise Critic.

That is how we met the fabulous CruiseCrazyOne and her wonderful husband.

Martha (aka Martita) if she is on-board and you don't meet her you have been locked in your suite and can't get out. (But I am not sure that would stop her).

Say hi to Nelson at the skybar for me. Also the wonderful Karl in the dining room.

They are both wonderful.

mcboo:):):)

McBoo,

I am afraid we are on the Legend this cruise, or I would happily say hello to Nelson (great Pina Colada's!) and Martita!

I'm curious: have we ever met? I don't know your real name. We're from San Francisco, and are sailing with Dr's S & P, and adorable James! This is our 7th Seabourn cruise, and we've been on all 3 ships, including the 18-day London-NY transatlantic, so perhaps our paths have crossed.

So, now that you know we are on the later sailing, are you and your partner back from Aruba in time to join us? I understand that there is still room at the inn! :-)

Regards,

Denyse

mcboo~~I will certainly say to Nelson and to Karl "mcboo send howdy's!!" Both will be with us on the Pride in March. Did I mention that Karl is the new Maitre'D? Lulu is opening a restaurant in Brittany. He will be leaving in Feb. We shall miss him terribly, BUT we are opening our arms to sweet Karl!

Denyse~~with the Dr.'s and James on board, are you planning a "stuffed animal" party? Those "three" can really host wonderful "Critter Galas!" We're planning on celebrating our "stuffed travelin' friends" with a Champagne social! I'm taking (of course) "Mr. Monk and his girlfriend Snow!" Also, Herman ask me to please take his bear, "Ron Reagan".........soooo Herman's Cousins will be mailing "Ron" to me.

matt~~~you'll be right next door to "01 and 02".......introduce yourself to these Guests.......they may have a "social" and invite YOU! The Suites are really fabulous! With real balconies.....

Have fun!

MB

Thanks for the tip Martha ;)

According to the Seabourn deck plans this is a regular suite with a window, but I did see this blurb on a website, can anyone validate it?

Note- Type A2 suites 200-223 and Type A3 suites 300-319 will become French Balcony Suites types B2 & B3 beginning with the following sailings:

Pride 1013 May 17

Spirit 2030 Dec 10

Legend 3101 Dec 21

There is no "year" on this. It is "old" news from back when they did the change in 2000 and decided not to do 200-203 and 300-303?

Thanks! ;)

matt~~~Suites 200 to 2003 and Suites 300 to 3003 do have the large windows.

The windows are huge......when Mother and I use to stay in Suite 232 (also on Deck 5) we had the big windows.......we enjoyed them!

As to what you read......I've not heard anything about those Suites being refitted for French balconies. Our Yachts will go down to the Bahamas for reburbishing in Nov. (I think that's whats planned) but I've "gathered" it's interiors.

Deck 5 is my favorite......easy to run up to Deck 7 or 8 on the forward stairs. Or run down to the dining room and enter thru' the back door.......also, if you need the Doctor, go down to Deck 3, turn left, make another left turn. There he is!

Hope you won't need his service!

I KNOW you will love your 11 days on the Legend.......it's truly magical! It will be life changing!

Martita B.

CruisinMatt,

Thanks for reminding me to send the guest registration form! I logged on to the Seabourn site and took care of it..

We also booked an A GTY, and were upgraded to suite 223 mid ship balcony!

Thanks again for suggesting we log in and see!

CruiserDan

Thanks Martha! Deck 5 does look very central! Extra large windows will be fine. I must admit we've always had huge balconies on the mainstream cruiselines, so this will be a bit different, but I expect the Seabourn "experience" to outshine the lack of a balcony! ;)

CruiserDan, you're welcome! I wasn't sure if it was actually going to show the allocated suite on there but it did! :)

Speaking of "getting to know you", the QM2 has a Cruise Critic log book in the library for people to sign and then find each other. I think that this BB is small enough not to need that, but it's an interestig concept. I am 'whetting my appetite' for the Legend by taking the QM2 to the Carribean in about a month. They have a 'Pirates' Ball' but I am sure it's nothing like our Martha's legendary galas!

I love the big windows and find them as appealing as the French balconies. I like to sit there and read a book or just watch the world/water go by.

Jane in PHL (when does Lulu expect to open his restaurant? We could do a post cruise party there!)

matt~~~all of the windows are the same size in all of the Suites. We're not talkin' portholes...the windows are almost wall to wall, with a sheer drape and a blackout drape. Very nice.....you'll enjoy your Suite. (by the secret jacuzzi)

I'm very excited about our new furnishings......new pretty drapes, bedspreads,

carpet and upholsterings. But, it won't seem like "home sweet home", however.

Jane, Lulu is planning to open his restaurant next Feb.--2006....... I thought we might plan a nice long voyage and visit Lulu and Cheffy Jorge in ZANZIBAR, Tanzania too! What a cruise that would be! OH, we could also "swing by" Brussels and visit Chef Lambrechts!

MB

OK, Martha, Sign me up! Sounds like fun to me. I have been thinking about going back to France for a bit; And Lulu will be an easy jaunt from London.

Jane (only 16 more working days til retirement and already I am busy!)

We will have to buy you a drink onboard! ;)

3 other sets of friends that will be onboard again, logged in to Seabourn.com and found out that all of our cabins are either next to each other, or across the hall from each other!!

Great to find out where we will all be!

We sailed in cabin 203 last November.. You will love it! (Especially the big window that has a large sill - that you can sit on, and watch the world go by!

See you next month in the gym!

CruiserDan

Martha, I don't think there will be any stuffed animal parties onboard. I understand that those are specifically reserved for Pride crossings! ;-)

Does anybody know how full the ship is for the Legend crossing?

Matt, you won't mind having a big picture window, as there is also a shelf that is quite useful for storage just below it. I'm actually not sure how much we will have our balcony door open in March, anyway---it will be cold!

Denyse

Denyse~~~~what a shame! NO "stuffed animal party???" I will never forget taking the "bunny slippers" to the Drs. last March. They were SO surprised that you had sent them for them to wear.THEN, they wore the slippers to the party! Some of the Staff wore their animal slippers as well. It was the Royal bear's wedding.......what a fun, terrific evening! The Constellation Lounge was full of Animals and Sailors! Dudley was the Archbishop, I was the Matron of Honor, Eric DeGrey carried my train, and Herman, the Drs. and James were the "ring bearers!" What a sight! Oh, such wonderful memories. We will all miss Herman terribly! Just won't be the same.

Are you planning a special gala during the Crossing?

MB

Well Mr. mcboo I've been so busy with "A Royal Affair" coming up in 6 short weeks that I've kinda put the "Tickled Pink" 2006 Pride gala and my pink feathered frock on the back burner! I'll be seeing the designer, Russell in Ft. Laud. on March 13th........MY birthday!! About 12 of us are having a 2 day PRE-fiesta before we board on March 15th. Say: "YeeHaw."

I've planned a few surprises for the "Royal Affair"..........nope, I'm not tellin'! I have 50 Guests and Officer's/Staff on my invitation list. That's about all the party favors, decorations, dance cards, etc., etc. I can UPS to Ft. Lauderdale!

I have 3 box's going........so far.

Surely do wish you could join us! Plan on the Pride Crossing for 2006.......I don't think it's sold out, yet.

Happy Trails and Sails......

Martita

mcboo~~~please LOOK and BOOK......OH, and bring your PAJAMAS!! I'm planning another Champagne Caviar/Smoked salmon Pajama Morning Social, as well as the "Tickled Pink Party!" Mucho fun!

OFF topic: I almost had to post this afternoon, "can anyone tell me exactly how much is 1 pound of cream cheese?" I was making a cheese ball (cream cheese, crushed pineapple, chopped green pepper, a 'lit fresh green onion and pecans)

Do you know???? I do now.....

Get to bookin', mcboo!

Martita B.

Archived