Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

kaseyoz

Seeing as it is thanksgiving in the USA (time difference) What are you thankful for?

Health, family, friends, and the ability to cruise are probably all standard for most of us, so what else are you thankful for.? can be serious or funny.

I am thankful for my wondeful job, I get to work with great fun people 2 days a week, of which I always get more out of it than I give.

I am grateful for the internet, hoe did we cope without it?

I am grateful that all my children have grown up and left home (well' date=' there is one who reckons she is still at home but spends 6 out of 7 days at the boyfriends place)

Now we have [b']heaps[/b] more money and we can spend it on ourselves going on lovely cruises. :D:D

I am thankful that we discovered cruising while we still have the health and the money to go cruising.

So I am also thankful for good health

And also thankful that I still have a job in these non-recession times to pay for the cruising

Thanks Karon for helping us focus on the things we are grateful for in our lives like family, friends, work, health etc. I am particularly grateful that we discovered our passion for cruising before too late and only wish we had thought of it earlier. I don't know, I think we just assumed it would be far too expensive for us. I am also grateful that we have these cc sites to share with others who have a similar passion. :) :)

Being completely open and honest I am most grateful for CHOCOLATE!:D:D

Hi there Decco, you know, just seeing your name makes me laugh at the memories you and Kezza gave us on our DP cruise. Hope you are both well and who knows, we may cross paths somewhere in the future. It's people like you who make a cruise memorable so I am grateful to you for that.;):D

I think the fact that it was Thanksgiving Day in the US just made Karon think of what we are grateful for, not that we are celebrating it. I don't agree with Halloween etc. but I think this is different. I also think Christmas is a time of reflection and apprecation of the blessings in our lives.:)

I think the fact that it was Thanksgiving Day in the US just made Karon think of what we are grateful for, not that we are celebrating it. I don't agree with Halloween etc. but I think this is different. I also think Christmas is a time of reflection and apprecation of the blessings in our lives.:)

Yes, I think Halloween in Australia is being encouraged by our large retail outlets to sell products. I won't have anything to do with it. It is an american thing. But Thanksgiving is based on families and giving thanks to your particular god regarding your blessings. I don't think it would ever catch on here though. Purely an American holiday. It would be nice to experience one though.:D

Not wishing to offend anyone but why are we interested in adopting the American traditions like Halloween?

Anna

I tend to agree in principle with that thought Anna, but I think that Karon was just using American thanksgiving as a reference point in this instance.

I'm thankful we live in the best country in the world.

I know our close friends and cousins way to the north believe their great country is, but nothing beats the way of life in Oz - nothing.

We have the best climate, best beaches, best and most wholesome food [and the world's best wine just goes without saying ;)], best lifestyle, and best form of government in the world - though I sometimes wonder what Kevvie and Malcolm are up to at times.:p

As that very old Aussie saying goes: "I wouldn't swap it for quids." :D:)

Everyday I wake up is thanksgiving day, especially living in Australia, having travelled in many parts of this great world and immigrating from Italy, even though I still love Italy, Oz has to be the creme de la creme as far as living and its unique beauty.

Regards Frank.

I did not mean to offend anyone with my reference to Thanksgiving. I know we do not celebrate that here but as a couple have mentioned (thank you) it was just to get a few ideas and posts.

It has been a bit strained here recently and I wanted some feelie good posts to get us back on track to that wonderful place we called CC.

I hope others take the thread in the manner for which it was written.

I honestly dont think anybody was really offended - on either side of the discussion.

At least I hope not.

We're ALL getting a bit too sensitive if we cant politely express differing points of view without someone being offended by it.

Maybe we should all just step back, take a deep breath - and smile.:):D

No Karon, I don't think anyone was offended. Far from it. It was an interesting question you asked. Maybe all of us Aussies are too complacent living such a wonderful lifestyle. We are very spoilt and I love travelling and seeing different cultures and meeting different people. It makes you realise how lucky we actually are. Maybe we should celebrate Thanksgiving just so we stop and think about it.

Halloween, now that is a different story altogether. Absolute tripe!

Hey Karon great thread.........we celebrated Thanksgiving here onboard the Diamond Princess with our newly made cc friends...dinner was lovely as were the ships decorations....so i say thanks to CC for the time and effort put into maintaining this

great site.............on a more personal note i am most thankful for my Johns second chance at life.......cheers Shiona

Archived