Oia - how much time to allow?

WallyNDiane

We will be in Santorini for the first time this October. I am planning to do the speed boat tour to Oia and return to Fira before returning to the ship.

I love photography and I want to allow enough time to properly see and photograph this town. Now my question, how many hours should I allocate to spending in Oia ?

On our cruise roll call, there is a good looking Santorini Island tour that covers a lot of stops. It spends around an hour in Oia. Something tells me an hour is just too short of time to spend there.

We plan to grab a quick lunch somewhere so eating isn't a high priority. While I don't want to short change our time in Oia, I don't want to spend too much time there. I understand there is wiggle room in the answers on the correct amount of time invested in Oia. Thanks to all who comment.

We will be in Santorini for the first time this October. I am planning to do the speed boat tour to Oia and return to Fira before returning to the ship.

I love photography and I want to allow enough time to properly see and photograph this town. Now my question, how many hours should I allocate to spending in Oia ?

On our cruise roll call, there is a good looking Santorini Island tour that covers a lot of stops. It spends around an hour in Oia. Something tells me an hour is just too short of time to spend there.

We plan to grab a quick lunch somewhere so eating isn't a high priority. While I don't want to short change our time in Oia, I don't want to spend too much time there. I understand there is wiggle room in the answers on the correct amount of time invested in Oia. Thanks to all who comment.

An hour is not nearly enough time. We had about 1.5 and it flashed

By in the blink of an eye. This next time we will probably spend at least 4 hours there, time to enjoy a nice leisurely meal.