Carnival Freedom - Do all 8D-type balcony cabins have sofas?

dawyv

Straightforward enough question but I've been hard pressed to find the answer: Do all 8D-type balcony cabins have sofas, even if the cabin doesn't have the * on the deck plan? Or do only three-person cabins have them?

I'm going on a cruise with a bunch of family members and a couple of people who've cruised before have been in cabins that lacked sofas--just had a single chair--and said it was hard to congregate to hang out in the cabins. Therefore, I've been appointed to find out. :D

Thank you, kind CCers.

We have sailed many different ships with Carnival and always sail in a balcony cabin, there are 3 of us and there has always been a sofa (turns into bed for 3rd person). This has been for 8b, c, & d category cabins, also sofa's in suites of course. On the Sunshine, the OV cabins also have a sofa and are also bigger than most other regular cabins (220 sq ft vs, 185 for most others).

If a couple of you get balcony's that can be opened to each other, you could have the dividers opened and have some extra space on a larger balcony as well for hanging out between 2 of the cabins.

The asterisk on the deck plans indicates a cabin designated to hold three people, with the third bed being a sofa made into a single bed.

All 8 D cabins have a sofa but in those designated as two-person cabins, the sofa will not be turned into a bed and the cabin will not accommodate three people even though it is the same size.

I am sure someone will correct me soon if this information is incorrect.