Catamaran Reef Snorkel & Sail Nassau MSC Seaside, any reviews?

MTNMX

I'm thinking on taking the Catamaran Reef Snorkel & Sail Shore excursion in Nassau for my cruise on the MSC Seaside end of October, has anybody done it? do you guys have any recommendations? do you think it's worth it?

Any replies would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Two years ago we booked a private excursion in Nassau. We were very impressed with the company and the snorkel location.

Last year, while visiting on the Seaside, we wanted to do the same but the time we were in port didn't mesh nicely with the tour operator's schedule. As a result, we booked the MSC excursion. They took us to exactly the same place as the private excursion and the boat/crew/experience were almost identical.

I'd say go ahead and book it and have fun!

~Brian

1 hour ago, shukapaw said:

Two years ago we booked a private excursion in Nassau. We were very impressed with the company and the snorkel location.

Last year, while visiting on the Seaside, we wanted to do the same but the time we were in port didn't mesh nicely with the tour operator's schedule. As a result, we booked the MSC excursion. They took us to exactly the same place as the private excursion and the boat/crew/experience were almost identical.

I'd say go ahead and book it and have fun!

~Brian

How crowded was the excursion boat?  We are also thinking of doing the excursion with MSC because of the times we are in Nassau but a bit hesitant as we find the ship excursion snorkel trips are often packed and a bit of a “ party boat” atmosphere. What was your experience like ?

1 hour ago, Christi209 said:

How crowded was the excursion boat?  We are also thinking of doing the excursion with MSC because of the times we are in Nassau but a bit hesitant as we find the ship excursion snorkel trips are often packed and a bit of a “ party boat” atmosphere. What was your experience like ?

It was about what we expected to find in a busy port like Nassau. It was a large catamaran. I wouldn't characterize it as "packed" but it wasn't like you were going to find a nice secluded spot to sun yourself either. If I recall, they did serve rum punch after the snorkeling was completed but the hour or so ride back to port didn't allow enough time for it to develop into an alcohol-fueled nightmare. If I recall they did play (kinda loud) music on the return trip.

Unfortunately, there just aren't too many options available in Nassau (one of my least favorite ports)

~Brian

Thanks.  Sounds like it’s busier than we would like ( we usually pick a small sailboat with only a handful of people but the times we are in port don’t fit with  any of the local excursions).  Will probably just stay on and enjoy the Seaside

Was on Sept. Seaside with Nassau stop, did the $45usd ATHOL ISLAND SNORKEL powerboat  excursion through MSC.  Boat seats are roomy and very comfortable, max capacity is 30...no booze...fun fast ride to Athol Island...gorgerous snorkeling over colorful reef...then the highlight is the high speed (yes 3 engine) ride around the Atlantis side of Paradise and old lighthouse back to the pier next to the ship.

https://www.sunupbahamacharters.com/welcome/

Just an awesome excursion which left plenty of time to stroll/shop strawmarket and the area.

Cheers!