Direct from the Pacific Star

White Mouse

Well, the net is finaly up and running, Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve has we had a blast :D We are cruising back home, last port was vila, The weather has been Great, As this is my first cruise my comments on the ship might be different to yours but I think it's Great

Our cruise director is Shona Ballantyne, and guest stars are Jacki Love,

Peter Byrne,

There is NO laundry mat on the ship but the servive is about a 10 hour turn around time, shirts $3.00 pants $4.00

There is no childrens 5.00 oclock dinning, they eat with you, at 6pm or 8.15 pm, dinner takes about 1 & 1/2 hours and the food it great. or the steak room it's $15.00 and Breakfast there are 3 area's to eat,

The kids club is OK not all that much happening its at the rear of the ship

with a shallow pool but a bit rough.

As I said i'm a first timer, and I'm having a ball, The cabin are roomie for 2 of us, the staff are great if you can understand them, but we have made heaps of friends and had heaps of laughs

Cheers Mouse :p

Great to hear you are having a good time. Thanks for finding the time to get on line. If kids eat with everyone else how crowded is the restaurant? I was unsure how they would fit all adults in one restaurant only? Did they still have a separate kids menu at dinner (my 23yr old likes to order from that and has had meals kept for her at adult dinner from kids dinner)

What theme nights did you have? Did people dress up? :)

Thank you mouse.

As you know as you get off we get on and Chaz, Suey and I will be getting on. Suey said she has posted a reply but I have not seen it but if I repeat ignore me.

I do know that she asked about the kids in the dinning room with parents so i will not ask that.

Who is Peter Bryne what does he do?

What are the special nights like? I can not think of anything else as I think the waiting is as good as the holiday.:)

Thanks Mouse. Great to hear you are having a good time. I love hearing from cruising virgins. Especially when they get back and can't wait to book the next one. Their excitement helps me to remember what it was like for me that first time. Although I don't think the excitement ever stops, if it did I think I would just stop cruising.

There is always something to get excited about as each cruise is never the same. This time I am excited because this is the first time I have been on the Star and the first time I have been to Wala & Champagne Bay. I have about 3 people at work who after hearing me talk about cruising holidays are looking into booking one this year. And with the specials on the latest Streamers I forwarded onto them looks like they should get a great deal.

Just 2 sleeps to go. Last day at work today!! I hope I get everything done. It is extremely quiet here, just me! But I have a CD playing to make some noise. I'm already packed (I think I have everything) so all I need to do tonight is the final clean of my apartment.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

You'll love Champagne Bay Chaz. The most beautiful beach I have ever seen. I'm hoping that we can get up there when we stop at Louganville as it's only 53km away. We just have to wait & see.

Have a great trip!!! How many of you are going?

Karen

You'll love Champagne Bay Chaz. The most beautiful beach I have ever seen. I'm hoping that we can get up there when we stop at Louganville as it's only 53km away. We just have to wait & see.

Have a great trip!!! How many of you are going?

Karen

Hi Karen,

There are 4 of us going this time. I am travelling with Suey & Frog. Our fourth companion is my Nan. My brother calls it the Old Ducks Cruise!! I think he is just jealous because he isn't coming!! I keep telling him I am not that much older than him.

Have you been to Luganville before. If not, don't miss some of it's beauty. Although the island does look a little like Vila it has some real gems. We went on a tour in a mini bus we picked up from the Wharf. I think it cost us about $10 each (there were 7 of us) for a half day tour. We went to the Blue Hole and Million Dollar Point and a number of other places. Luganville has an amazing history.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

only about 50 hours to go!!

No, never been there so looking forward to it. The only port we go to that I have been to is Vila, same with hubby and of course the kids haven't been to any of them. This is their first cruise and they are really looking forward to it. It's almost 20 years since I cruised & even longer since hubby did. I guess you could say we are alomst virgin cruisers. I just hope it's not 20 years before the next one.

Karen

He is a Neil Diamond impersonator. But he was only on that sailing of the Star. You will have someone else. Found his website which listed the Star as a performance. I assume that means Jacki Love will be leaving too.

Thank you very much I would have liked him, but I get Ugly Dave or some other one who tells jokes that are nearly as old as me and Suey would say that is old.

I really do not care as I am looking forward to going.

This is my 18th and I intend to keep going as I love it.

Archived