Caveman Snorkeling Question

KSGal

We are sailing on the Freedom in May and are planning to use Caveman Snorkeling in Belize. According to Carnival we are in port, 8am-5pm. We would like to do the Private Hol Chan Tour. The website says this can be up to 5 hours. I know they will get us back to the boat in time. And we have FTTF, so we should be able to catch the first tender. So, is it reasonable to book this tour? Looking for a great snorkeling tour that we will remember and enjoy:)

Any thoughts, opinons, or tips are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by KSGal
correction

• 3 weeks later...

With FTTF you will be behind the Diamond, Platinum and people that booked excursions thru the boat. (Just an FYI). Coming back to the boat there is no preferential treatment. At least this is how is was when I was there in March.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you might want to check your times. I tried to do Caveman a couple years ago but the time difference in Belize in May will be two hours earlier than ship time once daylight savings time sets forward in March if I remember correctly. So you are really getting there at 6am and leaving at 3pm island time....which means later ferry and tour over by 1pm to get back to ship on time. We didn't want to risk it and didn't want to take a small plane to save time. Just double check before you make your plans, I could be wrong.

you might want to check your times. I tried to do Caveman a couple years ago but the time difference in Belize in May will be two hours earlier than ship time once daylight savings time sets forward in March if I remember correctly. So you are really getting there at 6am and leaving at 3pm island time....which means later ferry and tour over by 1pm to get back to ship on time. We didn't want to risk it and didn't want to take a small plane to save time. Just double check before you make your plans, I could be wrong.

There is no daylight savings time in Belize. Belize time is the same as our Central Time.

There is no daylight savings time in Belize. Belize time is the same as our Central Time.

Yes if the ship is coming from Florida chances are it is on DST however so the ships time will be two hours later than local island time during the DST months. At least that's how it was when we sailed Carnival from Port Canaveral in 2016.

Yes if the ship is coming from Florida chances are it is on DST however so the ships time will be two hours later than local island time during the DST months. At least that's how it was when we sailed Carnival from Port Canaveral in 2016.

We are leaving from Galveston and I am still confused....LOL

Freedom leaves from GALVESTON so it will be on Central time.

There will be a sign at the gangway, right as you "ding" off the ship, that says back on board time.

There will be signs up at the port with ships NAME and Back on Board time listed on it. Make a not of that when you get off the ship.

Tour companies are well away of the time your ship needs to leave, they can't get guests back late without losing their business. So unless they have some mechanical issue, flat tire, etc, and you are stranded, you can expect to get back to port on time. Just keep in mind...the ship does not have to wait for you if you are back late. Belize is, however, one of the ports I have seen the tenders running long after the "last tender" time due to so many people coming back late from Carnival excursions. As long as there are other tours out later than you, it is safe to say another tender will still be running.

Just my experience...been to Belize 3 times in past few years.

Freedom leaves from GALVESTON so it will be on Central time.

There will be a sign at the gangway, right as you "ding" off the ship, that says back on board time.

There will be signs up at the port with ships NAME and Back on Board time listed on it. Make a not of that when you get off the ship.

Tour companies are well away of the time your ship needs to leave, they can't get guests back late without losing their business. So unless they have some mechanical issue, flat tire, etc, and you are stranded, you can expect to get back to port on time. Just keep in mind...the ship does not have to wait for you if you are back late. Belize is, however, one of the ports I have seen the tenders running long after the "last tender" time due to so many people coming back late from Carnival excursions. As long as there are other tours out later than you, it is safe to say another tender will still be running.

Just my experience...been to Belize 3 times in past few years.

Thank you ~!