Bus to Civitavecchia

cirpi

Has anyone taken a bus from Genova to Civitavecchia? My wife and I are in our mid-80s and not in the greatest shape. The thought of dealing with luggage on the train, the stairs at the Civitavecchia station and then schlepping luggage to the hotel makes me break out in shivers. Car rental is another option but many rental agencies do not rent to folks our age.

There are bus services that can take you from Genoa to Rome, and from Rome to Civitavecchia, but it looks like you’d have to cross Rome and change bus companies to do it. It would also be quite a long day. The bus from Genoa to Rome would take about 6.5 hours, plus changing stations and adding on the time to Civitavecchia.

I Googled “autobus da Genova a Roma” and “autobus da Roma a Civitavecchia” to see some options, but it looks like a really awkward trip. I think either train or car is going to be a better option.

There are bus services that can take you from Genoa to Rome, and from Rome to Civitavecchia, but it looks like you’d have to cross Rome and change bus companies to do it. It would also be quite a long day. The bus from Genoa to Rome would take about 6.5 hours, plus changing stations and adding on the time to Civitavecchia.

I Googled “autobus da Genova a Roma” and “autobus da Roma a Civitavecchia” to see some options, but it looks like a really awkward trip. I think either train or car is going to be a better option.

Thanks. I agree that the bus trip would be awkward We have driven many, many miles in Italy and elsewhere in Europe since the mid-1980s and even took delivery on an Alfa Milano and a VW Golf. So, car rental is the best option.