Papeete pre and post cruise hotels

Kiwi Kruzer

The main hotel choices appear to be Sheraton, Intercontinental Beachcomber, Le Meridian and Sofitel.....Opinions in regard to value and proximity to the city and airport would be appreciated.....Ideas and suggestions welcomed........

Hi Kiwi Kruzer,

We stayed at Le Meridien 3 nights pre cruise and 1 night post cruise or actually up until 3.30am, we had a day room as we flew Air New Zealand and the plane left at 5.45am.

Le Meridien is beautiful and the closest you will get on the mainland to a resort like on Moorea. The beach is lovely and if you want to spend the money, there are bungalows over the water. It is also far enough out of Papeete to be feel like a real resort.

We had a Junior Suite (upgraded) and it was very comfortable. The staff are very nice and we enjoyed our stay there very much. I booked it directly through Le Meridien and we got a great weekend package which included breakfast.

Whilst on Moorea we went for lunch and a swim at the Sheraton. This is really beautiful and if you feel like paying an arm and a leg, it is worth it, but knowing your NZ dollars are not even up to our Aussie ones, I really think it is better to save the money for other things - such as pearls!! Food and drink on the islands is very expensive and not up to the standard of New Zealand and Aussie meals. It was great to be on the ship and have everything provided.

It was one of the best trips we have ever had and we travel a lot.

Jennie

Hi - We are arriving late in Papeet and decided to stay there before we leave for Moorea the next day. We will be staying in the Sheraton, mainly because my fiance gets points and we will redeem his points for our night there. We are going in March... I have heard on other research I've done that the Tahiti Sheraton isn't anything compared to Moorea or Bora Bora, but I'm sure it's a nice place. Sorry I couldn't help more! Good luck !

We stayed at the Sheraton last October and absolutely loved it!!!!!!! The rooms were huge and beautiful and we had a balcony with an awesome view. The pool on the property is a "horizon" pool - you can't tell where the pool ends and the horizon begins. We loved it at the Sheraton, just make sure that breakfast is still included as food is very expensive!!!!! Breakfast is a huge buffet, so both days we were able to skip lunch all together and just have an early dinner.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the hotels!!

Enjoy!!!

We, aslo, are arriving into Tahiti late at night and are staying at the Hotel Taire Tahiti by the ferry dock to Moorea. We read about it on tahiti-explorer.com forums. We basically were looking for an affordable/clean place to sleep near the ferry as we will be going to Moorea for 3 nights the next day. The rooms run about $125 - plus, we just pay for the cab there when we arrive (about $25) and then walk with luggage a short distance to the ferry. That's another savings for us so that we don't have to pay for a taxi again. ;)

~Suzy

Thank you all so much for you post's

Now booked on Aug 15 sailing

we leave NZ on the 15th

and arrive Tahiti on the 14th

(International Date line)

Tried to book IC Beachcomber

but it is fully booked on our dates

so now staying at Le Meridian.......

David,

You will enjoy your stay at Le Meridien. The pool has a sand bottom and is enormous. The beach is great as well and you look across to Moorea. We ate each night at the lovely restaurant out near the water. It was a lovely experience but pricey. I hope you received a good deal when you booked.

It is great to have gained two 14th's but horrible on the return as you sure lose it very quickly.

Jennie

We ate each night at the lovely restaurant out near the water. It was a lovely experience but pricey.

Jennie

Pricey.........indeed,thats why I think Tahitian Princess offers excellent value to see and experience Tahiti.........

David,

You are so right. There is no way we could have eaten 3 meals a day and had a drink of wine with our meals for the price we paid for the cruise. Then of course we need to add in the cost of the bed and the transport from one island to another.

The Tahitian Princess is wonderful value and is a great way of seeing the Society Islands.

Jennie.

Archived