Oceanview vs Balcony on Transpacific cruise

js4rq

Hi! We have a couple cabins on hold for the Transpacific cruise onboard Ovation of the Seas.

We like our balcony; however we were in an oceanview cabin onboard Ovation of the Seas earlier this year and loved it.

I guess our dilemma is whether we should have a balcony for the longer Transpacific cruise, as there are heaps of sea days and it'd be nice to relax & enjoy the view on our balcony, or if we should just bite the bullet and go for a guaranteed oceanview cabin and see where that gets us! ;)

I suspect if it were me the difference in price would be a big factor in making the decision and it is hard to offer any opinion without that information. We use balconies when we have them but not to a great extent so they are not worth a lot of extra money to me.

The price difference between the oceanview and balcony is $250pp.

Which is why I am torn.

I think I would go for it at that price on a 16 nighter. Even though I don't use it a lot I do enjoy sitting outside for a while at night before going to bed and there are times during the day when I like getting away from the commotion on the pool deck and even the solarium and retreating to a more quiet area.

I would probably use the balcony more if they had lounge chairs that you could take a nap on but regular chairs that you sit on don't do it for me for very long. But I agree, that price might have me torn also. It is sort of a price point that I would consider paying it... or not.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Actually, now you mention it, an extra $250pp for a balcony is good value for a 16 nighter.

Or as least I think it is to me! :D

I will do some more research before taking the plunge on choosing a cabin type lol