Royal Caribbean Inside Passage Cruise from Seattle- taking 4 kids to Alaska

Greater cause

I have never been on RC but the kids always look really busy on the ships and seem to be having lots of fun... The ports are what you make them.. the train ride in skagway? Log show in Ketchikan? Dog sled ride? Whale watching? So much to do..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You did not mention the ages of your children or if they have ever cruised before but RCL is very family friendly with plenty of activities and plenty of other children. My son liked panning for gold, walking on a glacier, seeing all the eagles, etc. it will be great.

While I have not cruised Alaska on Royal Caribbean, I have cruised on Royal Caribbean and I have cruised the inside passage with kids (on Princess.) My family loves Royal Caribbean- it is their cruise line of choice. I went on a voyage with them and there is no shortage of things to do. It was very kid friendly. My brother and sister loved the kids clubs (I was an adult when I cruised, so I have no first hand experience.)

As for Alaska, there was plenty to keep my kids busy- and in my experience, Princess has a lot less kid friendly amenities than Royal Caribbean so I think you will be fine. They were 3 and 6 at the time and loved the kids clubs. We also sailed in August, so my kids were in the pool. The water was sloshing around a bit, but they thought that made it all the more fun. I would bring binoculars- when sailing close to the coast you'll see plenty of wildlife. We saw lots of whales and bald eagles.

As for excursions, in Skagway we did the train ride and then had a private tour guide take us into the Yukon. This was awesome because we got to plan things the way we wanted so we did a picnic lunch by the side of a lake, and the kids got to do some gold panning. In Ketchikan we walked down Creek Street which was really cool. We also did the lumberjack show which was entertaining and went to the Saxman Totem Park. We got to see someone actually carving a totem pole which my kids thought was so cool. In Juneau we went to see Mendenhall Glacier. We enjoyed the visitors center and even got to see some black bears lounging in the trees. We got into Victoria late and my husband and I had already been there years before when we lived in the area so we just walked around the city. But I love the tea at the Empress Hotel and the Butchart Gardens are absolutely beautiful.